• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Phil Noto Art

7 posts in this topic

Just now, ESeffinga said:

He also owns the gallery this show is in, along with his wife Kathie Olivas.

Oh that explains sooooo much ;)

Pulled up his site, didn't know he did sequential. That's cool.

image.png.3c974c4c4367973c668774f47057427d.png

But otherwise still massively overpriced relative to what he's offering versus other Lowbrow/Nobrow artists of then and now.

image.png.fdec338fb50fe30d17198d4ace0691d4.png

$1,100

In stock

Artist: Brandt Peters and Kathie Olivas
Title: Cosmic Healer Clementine
Size: 9″ x 12″
Medium: Oil sketch, acrylic, graphite on panel

I know he did a Harley/Ivy story somewhere. That's the only sequential I know of his.

The gallery has had a few comic artist show there over the years. And one time they did an all comic original art show. Had a few interesting seemingly random pieces, but nothing that really raised my eyebrows.

I mostly am aware because once upon a time, he was doing some interesting vintage cartoon-inspired work. Along with the gallery, he and his wife also make "designer" vinyl toys that are for sale there and online, and whatnot.
And I think I'm on just about every gallery mailing list I can think of, so I see announcements. I remembered one seeing him announcing he was going to work for Meow Wolf (the art collective/experiencial entertainment group George RR Martin funded a couple years back with his HBO money).

Sorry for the off-topic, folks!

-e.