• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much influence do these boards have...
4 4

144 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

i think @kav is sitting on a full short box full of them... waiting patiently ... and then one day.....:flipbait::flipbait::flipbait:

I am :pullhair:

4 minutes ago, Ssantoss said:

I need that wood! 

Although that's not a stamp of quality, I'd buy my own strain of anthrax, a rabid possum or a dead hooker, as long as it had the marvel logo on it. 

Wood is Good.

20 hours ago, kav said:

I am :pullhair:

dont worry I heard from a dude from the year 3965 that the next year Disney/Amazon/Marvel/Yahoo/Foxanimation/NEwNetflix/FutureTV will be releasing a TV, movie Mini annual 10 movie episode parts in realism(our VR) for mind download/upload game movie experience. lol just hang in there you will be a gigabilliontrillionaire soon. Then you can afford a bar of fake, processed, simulated, realism "real" chocolate tasting bar. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

:ohnoez::roflmao:

I think the boards have had great impact, for good and ill. Personally, I got into the boards way back when I discovered the Infinite Picture Frames thread. I had no idea that anyone else liked these covers, or that there was even a term for them. It definitely drove my interest in those books, and many others, over the years. Lots of folks have gotten turned on to really cool stuff because of the boards. The flipside is that I don't think there was as much of a focus on nosebleed grades before the boards and slabbing in general, which has sucked some of the fun out of the hobby. I personally still just buy books I like in condition that is good enough for my standards, but you see a lot of people who aren't content with anything below 9.8, which is a shame, because there are a lot of beautiful 9.4's and 9.6's out there! 

11 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

...The flipside is that I don't think there was as much of a focus on nosebleed grades before the boards and slabbing in general, which has sucked some of the fun out of the hobby. I personally still just buy books I like in condition that is good enough for my standards, but you see a lot of people who aren't content with anything below 9.8, which is a shame, because there are a lot of beautiful 9.4's and 9.6's out there! 

TBH I like vintage comics in <9.5 better than 9.8. It gives the book a look of history. A sort of vintage style.

The same way Moderns look best in 9.8. They just don't look right otherwise (to me).

My thread on Charlton pence variants has sent prices through the roof! Comics that used to command as little as one pound fifty each now command as much as one pound seventy five each.

The power of advertising. 

27 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Any book I have purchased or even thought of purchasing has only depreciated in value since the inception of my thought.:(

If I give you a list, will you think about them for me?