• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Pedigree Label do you prefer?
2 2

69 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

IF you can make it look like brushed silver/steel, because brushed silver/steel sounds cool and signifies badassary, then #1.

:)

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

BUT, I don't like the way the banner is worded.  "CGC Pedigree Grade" implies that pedigrees are graded on a different scale (e.g. a "CGC Universal Grade" is a different scale than a "CGC Qualified Grade", "CGC Restored Grade", and "CGC Conserved Grade").  

Why not call it a "CGC Pedigree Series" (or better yet "CGC Recognised Pedigree") similar to the "CGC Signature Series"?  And then, like with the sig books, you could have "CGC Pedigree Qualified Grade", "CGC Pedigree Restored Grade", and "CGC Pedigree Conserved Grade."  

No charge for this fantastic advice.

I agree with the Duck in concept, but it would work better with Label 2.  Simply have a black frame around whichever color background you need.

I think it is FANTASTIC that CGC is seeking input here.  A+

PED CGC Proposal.jpg

#1 - the neutral color doesn't compete or clash with the colors of the book. 

A bigger font for the ped would be nice though.  After all, that's the point right?

But speaking of points - what's up with this late check in?  The notion that a dozen (or two, or three) contrary opinions would be enough to change the marketing direction of a product already launched - that's more concerning than any color you chose that I may or may not like.

I appreciate the effort and outreach, and while these are technically better than the existing labels that look like something printed off a 1990s fax machine,  none of these is particularly attractive.

That said I'd take #1 over the others.

11 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Catman should weigh in. I am sure he has an opinion. 

Out of town seems to work best.  ...Oh, wait a minute, I thought we were discussing the Astros in the World Series!  ;)

Other teams notwithstanding, 2 or 3 is way preferable to 1 or 4.   :sumo: