• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Pedigree Label do you prefer?
2 2

69 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Perhaps they weren't actually added after manufacturing.

Maybe it was some kind of off-line process, but it might have been some oddball collector or dealer. Some used bookstore owner might have gotten one at an estate sale and thought, "Hey, this comic only has one staple; I'd better add a few more."

Edited by jimbo_7071

17 hours ago, path4play said:

Are there two threads going on with this subject?

imo, most important is to prioritize the pedigree, with universal, conserved, restored etc., under that (like sig series).  Aka CCG Pedigree Universal Grade etc.,

After that, I like #4 with the "T2" shimmery silver and offset gold in that it is somewhat consistent to the current label color.

Done, let's move on:)

I think there are threads on this topic in other CGC forums.  

CGC sought input because the new (current) pedigree label met resistance. It’s unclear how much input Brittany is getting besides the opinions expressed here, but I’m pretty sure the first and last options (#1 & #4) are least supported by consensus.  

Personally, I think gold is probably the best option and long term solution for the new pedigree label even though I’m predisposed to liking blue labels.

The fact that CGC’s management reached out for constructive input should be appreciated regardless of where they end up.

:tink:

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Maybe it was some kind of off-line process, but it might have been some oddball collector or dealer. Some used bookstore owner might have gotten one at an estate sale and thought, "Hey, this comic only has one staple; I'd better add a few more."

I have a hard time imagining someone adding three staples neatly to the spine of a comic with a desk stapler, and managing to keep it in NM condition. 

On 10/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, rjpb said:

I have a hard time imagining someone adding three staples neatly to the spine of a comic with a desk stapler, and managing to keep it in NM condition. 

I wondered the same thing. But it’s one of my favorite Mary covers, and because it is a Church, even has the code, well those staples don’t bother me too much. I slightly thought about “popping” them out, but I’ll just live with it. Ironically I have 3 Church books, 2 of them have extra staples. 

On 10/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, rjpb said:

That's because extra staples at the centerfold could be a legitimate manufacturing defect.  If that's the case, it probably shouldn't have been penalized with a green label.  But from here, it's hard to say.  CrystalBall2.gif