• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite "Did you know?" fact about comics or comic creators?
2 2

136 posts in this topic

I love trivia -- especially comic trivia -- and the more odd and obscure the better. I'm not talking about what was the first appearance of some minor character that nobody cares about, but something that's really interesting that a lot of comic fans don't really know. (I liken it to the Miracle on Ice hockey game in the 1976 Winter Olympics. Most people assume it was for the gold medal, but not only wasn't it the final game of the Olympics, even after beating the Soviets, the United States still had a chance to not even medal if they had lost their next game.)

So here's mine for comics: Alex Schomburg is Puerto Rican. His real full name is Alejandro Schomburg y Rosa, and he was born and raised in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, moving to New York City when he was in his early 20s. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Schomburg, and his name doesn't scream or even whisper Spanish/Hispanic, so I was really surprised when I found out.

How about you?

3 hours ago, RCheli said:

(I liken it to the Miracle on Ice hockey game in the 1976 Winter Olympics. Most people assume it was for the gold medal, but not only wasn't it the final game of the Olympics, even after beating the Soviets, the United States still had a chance to not even medal if they had lost their next game.)

The Miracle on Ice was in 1980.  :foryou:

14 minutes ago, kav said:

Poor Curt Swan-a legend-died a broke alcoholic.  He could no longer get work when the Liefelds took over-

i know what your saying is true and sad :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

i know what your saying is true and sad :foryou: 

but 

giphy.gif

WHY did I post it??????  :pullhair: