• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2020 at 2:28 PM, GACollectibles said:

Going through boxes looking for newsstands would be so much easier if they were all marked like this at the top. :insane:
ABECF518-8F08-42B6-9AFD-FE832858ADE8.thumb.jpeg.4ac3a94fd83f6dc65e3030294892c901.jpeg

Does the guy in the background normally speak from his crotch, or is this a special issue?

11 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

Yea! Unfortunately it has a slight newsstand  crease near the number. No ink loss though so near the top of my list to get sent in for a press and slab and hope for a nice grade on it. :wishluck:

Ah I see it, still nice so glad for you, mine I bought graded (9.6) it has a bindery tare. No way to know all the Printer defects lol of every book that CGC doesn't count off for, ha, but still a 9.6 with that is nice. Lord willing it'll get a 8.5 at least :tink: 

19 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

Yea! Unfortunately it has a slight newsstand  crease near the number. No ink loss though so near the top of my list to get sent in for a press and slab and hope for a nice grade on it. :wishluck:

Are you going to get grader notes too?  The reason why I ask is that I recently got back a cross graded CBCS 9.8 which CGC gave a 9.4.  The notes from CGC said that the only thing wrong with the comic is a slight printer’s crease on the back cover.  Now do pressings work on printer’s creases with no color breaks?

2 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Are you going to get grader notes too?  The reason why I ask is that I recently got back a cross graded CBCS 9.8 which CGC gave a 9.4.  The notes from CGC said that the only thing wrong with the comic is a slight printer’s crease on the back cover.  Now do pressings work on printer’s creases with no color breaks?

Yea I will get the grader notes I think. This will be my first submission as I'm an old collector who's been out of the scene for about 25 yrs. Still have over 3000 books that I'm going through trying to figure out which ones to get graded or pressed and graded etc.. From what I've heard about printers crease's are that they shouldn't be fixed or you'll have a worse situation of ink loss where the crease was. I believe a press would not effect a printers crease but I'm definitely not an expert so I'd ask around some more on that and would be curious to know the definitive answer on it also. Kind of disappointing to hear that a printers crease on the back cover made your book grade decrease so much. :S

On 7/26/2020 at 2:03 PM, Morganmi said:

Yea I will get the grader notes I think. This will be my first submission as I'm an old collector who's been out of the scene for about 25 yrs. Still have over 3000 books that I'm going through trying to figure out which ones to get graded or pressed and graded etc.. From what I've heard about printers crease's are that they shouldn't be fixed or you'll have a worse situation of ink loss where the crease was. I believe a press would not effect a printers crease but I'm definitely not an expert so I'd ask around some more on that and would be curious to know the definitive answer on it also. Kind of disappointing to hear that a printers crease on the back cover made your book grade decrease so much. :S

In my experience printer’s creases cannot be fixed with a press. The cover paper Is doubled back onto itself. Grading impact varies by length, location and quantity.