• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

685 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Neurosis138 said:

I just purchased some really cherry newsstand editions.  Hopefully more to come.

gr.jpg

........ that's quite a few :) they do look in great condition.

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

1321408399_1259587008_12001.jpg.bbff766423203f0e6a5ad3bcaffd0cbb.jpg

forgive my ignorance, I grew up during this time with McFarlane, but am still kind of lost on memory

as to what these books entail. I DO think it's a cool cover, and the Newsstand nostalgia seems nice. (thumbsu 

Edit: but more to the point Congrats on your addition, I may have just thought you'd have owned it already. I too would have to obtain a copy, as it hasn't come up in my searches >>>>>>>.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

forgive my ignorance, I grew up during this time with McFarlane, but am still kind of lost on memory

as to what these books entail. I DO think it's a cool cover, and the Newsstand nostalgia seems nice. (thumbsu 

Edit: but more to the point Congrats on your addition, I may have just thought you'd have owned it already. I too would have to obtain a copy, as it hasn't come up in my searches >>>>>>>.

I've had this book for a while, but I was looking through my scans and thought it looked nice enough for this topic.

Spider-Man #13 (1991) has the clown/Violator from Spawn, except Spawn wasn't created yet, so this character isn't the Violator except that he clearly is. lol

spiderman13violator.png.e07825f88d1647c597439dddb46a8161.png

Married couple Peter & Mary Jane having their PG-rated drawings of X-rated funtime for a few pages, and then it's time for Peter to go to work.

The clown-guy has been taking homeless people to Morbius in the sewer and it caught the attention of the Bugle, so Peter follows the clues and discovers clown-guy.

Spider-Man follows him and realizes he's outnumbered by Morbius's minions in the dark, so he goes back home and tells Mary Jane he will need the black suit to have a chance.

MJ doesn't want him in the black suit because of her memories of Venom, but Peter doesn't want to fight in the dark in his red-and-blue so I guess the Fantastic Four seamstress made him a new black suit two days later (while more homeless are taken for two days? who knows?)

spiderman13blacksuit.png.fb36eb15dda005501b57bcda2f0c767e.png

So, he heads off to find the bad guys in the sewer again and "To Be Continued..." will confront Morbius.

Spider-Man #14 - Spidey fights the bad guys for a few pages then realizes the big bad is Morbius.

Morbius doesn't want to fight or drink blood, but he's been drinking blood and decides to fight.

After Morbius becomes Spawn for a panel, except Spawn wasn't around yet, except he's clearly Spawn with a wig...

spiderman14morbiusspawn.png.23741d6683eda14425885100a2786e24.png

... Morbius thought the homeless people were actually drug dealers and murderers, but Spider-Man tells him they were just homeless victims.

Possibly of interest to @Lobstrosity - this is when Spawn, I mean Morbius, asks the Violator, I mean "Keever-the-clown", why he said they were bad and Keever-the-Violator-but-Spawn-and-the-Violator-didn't-exist-yet says because they were people who lived in a bad city.

Morbius decides that was wrong, so he agrees to leave and stop killing homeless guys and Peter realizes he didn't need the black suit because Morbius just needed a good talkin' to.

The End.

Edited by valiantman

10 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I've had this book for a while, but I was looking through my scans and thought it looked nice enough for this topic.

Spider-Man #13 (1991) has the clown/Violator from Spawn, except Spawn wasn't created yet, so this character isn't the Violator except that he clearly is. lol

spiderman13violator.png.e07825f88d1647c597439dddb46a8161.png

Married couple Peter & Mary Jane having their PG-rated drawings of X-rated funtime for a few pages, and then it's time for Peter to go to work.

The clown-guy has been taking homeless people to Morbius in the sewer and it caught the attention of the Bugle, so Peter follows the clues and discovers clown-guy.

Spider-Man follows him and realizes he's outnumbered by Morbius's minions in the dark, so he goes back home and tells Mary Jane he will need the black suit to have a chance.

MJ doesn't want him in the black suit because of her memories of Venom, but Peter doesn't want to fight in the dark in his red-and-blue so I guess the Fantastic Four seamstress made him a new black suit two days later (while more homeless are taken for two days? who knows?)

spiderman13blacksuit.png.fb36eb15dda005501b57bcda2f0c767e.png

So, he heads off to find the bad guys in the sewer again and "To Be Continued..." will confront Morbius.

Lol 🤣 thanks! Let me put on my best outfit to join the homeless in the sewer .... Classic, although I assume all homeless are saved, it's the black suit after all...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol 🤣 thanks! Let me put on my best outfit to join the homeless in the sewer .... Classic, although I assume all homeless are saved, it's the black suit after all...

Looks like you quoted me before my edits told Part 2 from Spider-Man #14, but I didn't leave you hanging if you'll check above. lol

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Looks like you quoted me before my edits told Part 2 from Spider-Man #14, but I didn't leave you hanging if you'll check above. lol

:roflmao:That was funny!
So we'll forgive the Homeless missing as long as you "Cut that out!" keep your blood drinking and fighting to a minimum Morbius,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Motherly tone, "don't make me come down to get you!" Sewers lol