• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:roflmao:That was funny!
So we'll forgive the Homeless missing as long as you "Cut that out!" keep your blood drinking and fighting to a minimum Morbius,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Motherly tone, "don't make me come down to get you!" Sewers lol 

Between the cover of Spider-Man #13 (which is an homage to Spider-Man #1) looking like the cover of Spawn #1 (from a different camera angle) and the content with the clown and the Morbius-Spawn silhouette, and the fact that the whole story took place in two issues, I can see where McFarlane might have said "that was pretty good, but I bet I could have made that into 300 issues and kept the money for myself instead of letting Marvel have the profits"... but we'll never know if that actually happened. :whistle:

Edited by valiantman

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Between the cover of Spider-Man #13 (which is an homage to Spider-Man #1) looking like the cover of Spawn #1 and the content with the clown and the Morbius Spawn silhouette, and the fact that the whole story took place in two issues, I can see where McFarlane might have said "that was pretty good, but I bet I could have made that into 300 issues and kept the money for myself instead of letting Marvel have the profits"... but we'll never know if that actually happened. :whistle:

I'm sure the epiphany was well noted and marked on the Calendar. For ultimate assimilation, check in at 2pm standard time, and bring the soda :) Spawn Spawn Spawn, whatever will we do, with Spawn Spawn Spawn Arriving at 2..... :x 

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Between the cover of Spider-Man #13 (which is an homage to Spider-Man #1) looking like the cover of Spawn #1 and the content with the clown and the Morbius Spawn silhouette, and the fact that the whole story took place in two issues, I can see where McFarlane might have said "that was pretty good, but I bet I could have made that into 300 issues and kept the money for myself instead of letting Marvel have the profits"... but we'll never know if that actually happened. :whistle:

I'm sure the epiphany was well noted and marked on the Calendar. For ultimate assimilation, check in at 2pm standard time, and bring the soda :) Spawn Spawn Spawn, whatever will we do, with Spawn Spawn Spawn Arriving at 2..... :x 

Perhaps McFarlane even got all biblical and reached out to other Marvel artists saying, "And Todd said, Let us make Malibu in our Image" (loosely translated from Genesis 1:26) and a publishing company of creators was thus "created".  If that had happened, I wonder what they would have called themselves. hm

Edited by valiantman

35 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
4 hours ago, valiantman said:

except Spawn wasn't created yet

Hadn't been created and hadn't been published are two different things.

True - I wonder how much of Spawn #1 was already "decided" when he used/re-used the clown/Violator in Spider-Man #13-#14 vs. Spawn #1-#2. hm

11 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Me in the bronze picture frame thread and the silver FF, spidey threads 

t4lyr.jpg

redditor-makes-a-great-meme-jealous-me-angry-as-fuk-62101737~2.png

I know it may not help lol cause that's just the way it is sometimes haha, it's nice to see some honesty, I'd feel the same! I know it can be a lot to deal. Just keep it plugging away until the enemies are driven before you and the lamentation of the women!

hqdefault.jpg