• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Nice books!

Thank you. Was actually surprised to find them. It was in one of my few remaining long boxes. Been sorting, separating, and shifting to the short plastic bins, but with the insanity around the marvel cards had to go digging to see what all I get to unload now.

I actually don't think these are newsies per re as the book may have been direct only, but why does it look like it? Anyway, these are evidence that high school internships can pan out! The guy whose name is on top of Jim lee's was one of my best friend's older brothers who wound up working for marvel as a jack of all trades after doing a high school internship in 1985.

20210218_182959.jpg

8 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Happy to find this little gem behind an 80 newsstand while changing bags. Seems to have really taken off. 

419C0290-CBEF-4D8D-93FD-6BB0DC45C383.jpeg

It has taken off because no one reads comics anymore.

The supposed "Return of Boba Fett" (which has made the book so valuable) actually has him come out of the Sarlacc and by the end of the issue, he's back in the Sarlacc. lol

3 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It has taken off because no one reads comics anymore.

The supposed "Return of Boba Fett" (which has made the book so valuable) actually has him come out of the Sarlacc and by the end of the issue, he's back in the Sarlacc. lol

I’ve never read it.  How unlucky 

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000