• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #251 Cover Art Being Auctioned (Guess The Final Bid, all ya'll Smarty Pantses !!)
1 1

Final Bid For Batman #251  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Batman #251 original art cover will sell for?

• 0 - $50,000
    • $50,000 - $100,000
    • $100,000 - $200,000
    • $200,000 - $300,000
    • $300,000 - $400,000
    • $400,000 - $500,000
    • $500,000 - $750,000
    • $750,000 - $1,000,000
    • $1,000,000 - $1,500,000
    • $1,500,000 - $2,000,000
    • $2,000,000 +

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2019 at 04:00 PM

153 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

I agree that is not a comp.

A small example is that Heritage sold the Joker/Batman interiors from the above Power Records story, for 2-4 thousand (even i was able to afford one with Joker :cloud9:).   

As for 251, even pages with little to no Batman sell for 4x that.  

So -- 4 to 5 times. Not 20. I'll even go 10x the multiple. And I know that's not a "comp" in the sense of similar value. 

35 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

So -- 4 to 5 times. Not 20. I'll even go 10x the multiple. And I know that's not a "comp" in the sense of similar value. 

The cover is in a class of its own...I think you can throw out the comps on this one.  Reason, logic and financial prudence as well. lol 

6 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Would you rather... have the Batman 251 cover or ten $50K Adams Batman covers?

If you own the #251, you're the king of the Adams Batman hill. 

If you own ten $50K Adams Batman covers, you're just a guy that has a lot of B-level Adams Batman covers. 

I'd only pick the latter if I intended to trade or monetize some or all of the lot.

Edited by delekkerste

5 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

For someone who knows more about the subject than I do (probably the majority of you), what is the yellow rectangular object on the bottom of the art?

Glue from a missing word stat- one the published cover it said something there that was glued on and since fell off and lost .

9 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

For someone who knows more about the subject than I do (probably the majority of you), what is the yellow rectangular object on the bottom of the art?

Look out Gotham, The Joker's Back in Town was pasted on the cover. the yellow is the glue where stat came off

On 11/2/2019 at 6:03 AM, grapeape said:
On 11/2/2019 at 5:30 AM, Gotham Kid said:

It will crush the OA to GL76 hammer price.

Has $442,150.00 to beat :gossip: ....   :o  ...   :popcorn:

It is already at 366K. I'd say it'll top the GL in half the days ...

10 hours ago, NamesJay said:

I thought that is where the "Authenticated by Neal Adams" stamp is going to go

15 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

It’s now in “only 3 people are bidding on it” territory. They’ve cleared out the pretenders now. 

I suspect there are more than 3 people who are still in the mix at this point. $366K is less than what some are asking for non-key twice up Marvel covers, and this piece, no matter what anyone's individual opinion is, has a ton more cachet in the eyes of many. I think there's still a ways to go before we weed it down to 3 contenders. 2c

Plus, remember, the stock market is at all time highs, interest rates are at 5000 year lows, and people are paying stooooopid prices for collectibles everywhere these days (e.g. $202K for a manufactured collectible 1 of 30 Derek Jeter card from 1996 the other week...it was somehow billed as his rookie card, but, his regular rookie card came out in 1993).  Anyway, total insanity, and a reminder that logic and rational analysis are not working in any market at present. So, Bats 251 I think has a lot further to run IMO... 

Edited by delekkerste