• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small thread of low grade GA PCH: EC, ACG, Quality, Standard, Planet
3 3

44 posts in this topic

Fantastic Fears 8 [1.0 - $100]

This is one of the few I'm parting with that I thought twice about because of the cover :x. It's low grade, but the cover still displays pretty strongly despite the other flaws, which I'm about ready to launch into. This is one of those 'stitched' books that I mentioned above that appear to have been bound with thread at one time (see the back cover scan if you want to check out the pinpricks). Small pieces of tape on the back cover. While the cover is a bit flimsy, it displays well and the book is solid and complete on the inside. Book is detached at the top staple and might as well be on the bottom, but it's still hanging on by the edge of its fingernails (honestly, it might lose the battle before it gets to you, but I don't think that matters much with this book). Stick it in a Mylar and display it on a shelf!

I should probably keep this one, but papa gotta pay for those Vampirellas he bought from Stevemmg a while back and I've had this one for a long time so it can find another loving home.

It's not you, Fantastic Fears, it's me.

img291.jpg

img396.jpg

Forbidden Worlds 37 [Mangled Reader Copy - FREE] :news: Claimed by Robot Man!

Well, it's really only the cover that's mangled. Free to anyone who either has already or is about to make a purchase and claims it. I just noticed the cover is Ogden Whitney!

Spoiler

img290.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Adventures Into The Unknown 24 [2.0 - $20.00] :news: SOLD to Robot Man!

I was initially leaning towards a 3.0 on this one, but the staples are starting to pull on some of the center pages (not uncommon in these 52 page books) and the stress near the staples so I bumped it down. There is a slight spine roll and wear typical of the grade including shading and creasing. Cover is not detached, but is nearly so with significant staple pulls on both. But like most of the other books in this thread, the interior is solid, good for reading, and displays well despite that crease on the LRHC (the artwork seems to mask it well).

Spoiler

img294.jpg

Spoiler

img397.jpg

Edited by Annihilus

Just now, Annihilus said:

Adventures Into The Unknown 24 [2.0 - $20.00]

I was initially leaning towards a 3.0 on this one, but the staples are starting to pull on some of the center pages (not uncommon in these 52 page books) so I bumped it down. There is a slight spine roll and wear typical of the grade including shading and creasing. Cover is not detached, but is nearly so with significant staple pulls on both. But like most of the other books in this thread, the interior is solid, good for reading, and displays well despite that crease on the LRHC (the artwork seems to mask it well).

img294.jpg

img397.jpg

Take it

Crime SuspenStories 5 [1.8 - $100]

Johnny Craig Cover is detached at bottom staple but still holding on at the top. There is browning and foxing on both front and back, but the pages are not brittle. Book lies flat and even with the crease on the LRHC, tears at the staples on the spine, and browning cover, this book looks pretty killer for the grade (right in my wheelhouse). I did consider keeping this one too, but Vampirella is not a cheap date.

img298.jpg

img398.jpg

And that will do it for this evening. I don't believe I will be adding any more to this thread, but the way my thread over in Mixed has gone, I'm not making any promises lol

Thanks for all who made purchases and browsed! I'll revisit the thread in the morning, determine the course of action, and either add more books or close out the thread. Maybe discounts depending on what's left.

A reminder that I have a thread with a whole bunch of random clutter over in the Mixed forum in case you're really a glutton for punishment! Combine shipping, yada yada.

On 10/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, Annihilus said:

Break time. Looks like I still have a half dozen turds to list before it's all over. Might be an hour or two or three.

You may need more fiber.

I’m sorry to say I don’t like having this pending transaction looming over my head, wasting brain cells trying to remember it, and not knowing if I’m on the hook indefinitely to honor my claim. What’s the cutoff, 1 month, 3 months, a year? We’re currently at 1 month...

I’m not upset at all and fear something unfortunate may have happened, but barring me breaking the rule that a :takeit: is binding, I’d like to retract my take...unless the board thinks there isn’t a statute of limitations on takes?

58 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I’m sorry to say I don’t like having this pending transaction looming over my head, wasting brain cells trying to remember it, and not knowing if I’m on the hook indefinitely to honor my claim. What’s the cutoff, 1 month, 3 months, a year? We’re currently at 1 month...

I’m not upset at all and fear something unfortunate may have happened, but barring me breaking the rule that a :takeit: is binding, I’d like to retract my take...unless the board thinks there isn’t a statute of limitations on takes?

You will need to wait 30 days. After that time period, you can nominate the offender to the probation list. Here are the current rules:

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

b) If the transaction is agreed on by both parties to take longer than 30 days - for example, a transaction involving time payments over a longer time, the 30 day clock begins from the time the agreed upon conditions were violated.

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

5 minutes ago, newshane said:

You will need to wait 30 days. After that time period, you can nominate the offender to the probation list. Here are the current rules:

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

b) If the transaction is agreed on by both parties to take longer than 30 days - for example, a transaction involving time payments over a longer time, the 30 day clock begins from the time the agreed upon conditions were violated.

c) The 30-day rule is suspended if the accused refuses to complete the transaction or if the transaction cannot be completed due to, for example, the item being sold to someone else.

This would be predicated on the buyer still wanting his book, and the 30 day rule is by definition not a "statute of limitations" on takes. If the buyer wants to be set free from any obligation to stick around and wait for the seller, that is another issue. I do think it is a valid question, and a valid worry about what has happened to the seller. He has not logged on in nearly a month, and I think we should maybe move to appealing to the Boards as a whole to anyone who knows him or his personal info to reach out and try to contact him.