• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
2 2

353 posts in this topic

Well,  here we go  again.   I'm   thinning the herd,   now that I've turned  65  I  don't want  to  leave   a  huge  mess  for my  Beloved  with  I  kick off. 
This  is  all  stuff   I  accumulated  and decided  I   didn't  want  to  keep  forever,    along  with  some  odd  bits  I've had my  fun  with,  pieces  and  parts,  
just plain  weird  stuff,  and keep  an  eye out  for  my   other  thread  over  in   Mixed  and Misc,  where  the  weird  non-comic  stuff  will  land. 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan 
of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me 
and we'll work something out. 

:TAKEIT:  rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$8  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined.

For the bargainminded  I can ship one or two books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.  

If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Looney Tunes and Merry  Melodies 2

Only copy  I've  ever seen  in  hand. 

Low  grader,  but solid enough copy, good  reader/filler.  The  worst of it  is  the missing corner  off  lower  RH  BC,  see the  second  scan. Second  worst is the 
little    hooligan  who  traced   some  of the FC  and   BC  with  a  pencil,   going  round  all the pigs  on the FC plus Elmer's face  and  all of  our  mouse buddy   on  the BC.
Sigh...Firmly  attached to upper  staple,  loose from the lower  staple  due to the missing  BC  piece.  Interior is tight,  with  white pages.

Asking  $200,  firm on this  one.

fdWSJYJ.jpg 

QfmW2hv.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Sparkler 5

Well,  the  silverfish or some other inkloving  critters  have been at the RH  edge of the FC, see  scan.   Old tape repairs  along spine  inside  the  cover. 
Tight enough,  with whgite pages.  Ten  pages  of  Spark  Man,   five pages of Tarzan,   plenty of other great  strip  reprints. 

Asking  $40

xwpsUCd.jpg

Batman 110

Light  water stain along entire spine,    both  staples rusty  with  a  hint  of  migration. 

That being said,  it's  a nice looking  lower  grad  copy, displays very  well.   Touch  of  spine  roll  and  wear  along  spine, 
otherwise tight and glossy,   white pages. 

O'street says  $79  in G,  asking  $50

EQMPfae.jpg

Journey Into Mystery 77

Nice  looking  copy, but I  suspect  the  RH  edge of the FC  has  been  trimmed  a  bit.   Two  small  tears  RH  edge FC, 
slightly  miscut,    there's   an eighth of  an inch  of  white  strip  lower  edge FC that shows it  was  a  touch off  center  during 
the printing process,  bit of general wear.  Still good gloss,    tight  spine  and CF,   white pages. 

Asking  $50

ja3QbJB.jpg

War Stories 4

Small  split  lower  spine,  touch of  general  wear.  Touch of dust  shadow  BC.  Otherwise  flat,   glossy,   clean,   tight spine  and CF,   white pages. 

Asking $60   SOLD!

fcN0VW3.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Master Comics 106

Pulled lower  staple  FC  with  small piece of paper  missing,   chipping  and  small tears upper  edge  FC.   More general  wear  along  spine BC, 
Interior is tight  with  white  pages.

Asking  $25

TMPTqVY.jpg

Doll Man 18

Quarter inch  tear  upper edge BC,   bit  of  general  wear, several   small  NCB  dogears  lower  RH  FC.  Pretty  copy  with  
good  gloss,   tight  spine  and  CF,  offwhite - white pages.  Eight  pages of  TORCHY!

Asking  $100

KqEhWO2.jpg

Battle 70

Last issue.   Five   pages of  DITKO!  On a  war story!  Over  KIRBY  pencils!

Flat  and  tight,  good  gloss,  minor  general  wear,   bbut  bit of Marvel  chipping  RH  edge FC.  White pages. 

Asking  $40

ILhEkKP.jpg

Navy Patrol 3

Corner off upper  RH FC,   other  chipping  and  general  wear.  Tight,  cream - offwhite pages., 

FREE  with  the    NEXT   purchase,    just  claim it!  CLAIMED!

YOsXsgT.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Toodles  #10,  1951 Ziff Davis/Appoved

Obscure  Z-D  one shot,   with  one  of  their  crazy  painted  covers.   Evidently  this  is  a  compilation  of  newspaper  strip  reprints,   who  knew?
Touch  of   water   lower    LH   FC, bit of general wear,   otherwise  flat   tight  and  glossy,   white pages.

Y'know,  that   blurb  upper  FC,  "LOVED BY MILLIONS"    may be a bit of  hyperbole. 

Asking  $30   for  a  weird one.

IbFZmF4.jpg

5 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Took you long enough

4 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Hahahahaha hadn't been on the boards much today, thanks for leaving it!

All right,   you two play  nice  now,  lol

Tell It To The Marines 10

Flat,  tight,    clean,   good  gloss,   white  pages.   Touch  of  general  wear. 

Nice  photo  cover  on a pretty  copy,. 

EDIT   As  I  was  sliding  it  back in the bag  I  spotted  a  small  discoloration  lower  LH  FC,  looks  like  a  touch of  water/dampness.

Dropping  the price  by  $10

Asking  $40  Now  $30

4wlksUJ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

5 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Well,  here we go  again.   I'm   thinning the herd,   now that I've turned  65  I  don't want  to  leave   a  huge  mess  for my  Beloved  with  I  kick off.

:hi:  Rick, how many books would you guess you have in your collection? Idly curious.

Target Comics  V5  #4

Ahh,   one of those great  War  Bond   covers  from   WW  II

Flat and tight  with  general  wear,    small tears  at  lower  staple  BC.  Large tear  inside  lower  corner  next-to-last  leaf,   part  of   a  panel  is  missing.
Sigh...offwhite pages. 

Asking  $25  SOLD!

DoDFRFh.jpg

Edited by catrick339