• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Books with Outer Covers
2 2

19 posts in this topic

I know there are more I will have to dig to find them, but here is the USPS First Day of Issue Action Comics #1  both issues one with cancelation stamp and postage stamp, the other the error with no stamp.20191027_113751.thumb.jpg.2af07513206b517943425822f2f0da73.jpg

51 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Would you count ASM 400 or Batman 500?

I don't see why not, they both have multiple covers (on the enhanced editions). Of course, they aren't the only ones like that.

The most obvious ones, which tie-in closely to some of the books in the OP, are the 4 issues that begin Reign of the Supermen for their respective titles, all of which have a die-cut cardstock cover over a regular cover, directly ripped off from Fantastic Four 358. :sumo::kidaround:  Fantastic Four 387, Sabretooth 1, Spider-Man 57, Spectacular Spider-Man 223 also have die-cut cardstock over regular.

Marvels, Ruins, Last Avengers Story, and the four Tales of the Marvels books from 1995 all have acetate over cardstock.

Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha has chromium/acetate over regular. Spectacular Spider-Man 229 has acetate over regular.

A few Spider-Man books have two covers, with each getting a chance at the spotlight while covering the other. It's not easy to tell at a glance that some of them have both covers because it was during the time that Marvel had fold-out front covers, but only one of those covers for each issue had it.DoubleSpideys.thumb.jpg.6c26b9879d53b03fa82232d6b4c4b286.jpg

(I couldn't find the regular cover for ASM 434)

I'm probably forgetting some that I know, but that's a bunch more books with outer covers.