• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Undiscovered Country #1 Variants
2 2

66 posts in this topic

Yeah if you see what I turned into CGC I didn't have an E cover...……… interesting and thanks for the update!

So if I counted right I might be missing one or two covers...…… we'll see when I get them all back and post an update here with the new grades.

Edited by McCaw1980

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 7:18 AM, Corona smith said:

Really looking forward to seeing these books when you get them all back. 

I'll just post them all here since this seems to be the best place to put them all for anyone that's interested in Undiscovered Country. I will also post the other 9.8's for the 2nd and 3rd printing of issue one, both covers for issue 2, and 3, and 4 when I get them in.

Edited by McCaw1980

Just compared my list I sent to CGC to the updated post, apparently I don't have Cover I but I distinctly remember having it...…

Edit: I just double checked ebay I def bought one and remember turning it in...……… I guess I just have to wait and see what I get back ;)

bought.PNG

Edited by McCaw1980

30 minutes ago, McCaw1980 said:

Just compared my list I sent to CGC to the updated post, apparently I don't have Cover I but I distinctly remember having it...…

Edit: I just double checked ebay I def bought one and remember turning it in...……… I guess I just have to wait and see what I get back ;)

bought.PNG

That is the one I purchased and got damaged copies (all three of them).  Do you have an extra that is 9.8 worthy?

I only bought 1 copy and it was worthy of 9.8. I don't have another copy, if mine comes back a 9.6 i'll be buying again to see if I can't get a 9.8 out of them. I remember you saying they were all damaged. I remember mine being almost perfect. I think I just got lucky.

That's fantastic news, you are giving me some hope that most of mine will be when i get them back........ 

I think you and I are the only ones that have submitted the Galaxycon comic for grading. I was looking on the census yesterday at work and was wondering how they labeled it?  I was trying to track it down on there. 

I think I should be getting mine back with in 30 to 60 days max. I turned them all in on Jan 11th i think. 

All of my variants came back. I found out i'm missing 2.  I thought i had them all. I'm missing C and I.  So i re-ordered copies of both to turn in with my next massive batch of comics to get graded. 

Having said that here is what i have in order. 

If anyone would like me to post photo's of anything listed below please let me know. I'll take some. 

Ashcan:

9.9 and 9.8 

Convention Foil:

9.8 signed (yellow label) 

Convention Black and White:

9.8 signed (Yellow label)

Galaxycon: 

Cover A:

Cover B: 

Cover C: 

MISSING (Ordered copies) 

Cover D: 

Cover E:

Does not exist 

Cover F: 

Cover G: 

Cover H: 

9.8 (The only one on the registry that isn't signed) 

Cover I: 

MISSING (ordered copies)

Cover J: 

Cover K: 

9.8 (Ordered off Ebay, en route to my house as I type this) 

Cover L: 

Cover M: 

9.8 (CGC Lables this "New Wave Comics Edition" instead of Variant Cover M)

Cover N: 

Cover O: 

9.8 (The only 9.8 Cover O on the registry) 

Cover P: 

Cover Q: 

Cover R:

9.8 (Ordered off of Ebay and is en route to my house as I type this) 

Cover S: 

Cover T: 

9.8 signed (Yellow Label) (Ordered off Ebay is en route to my house as i type this) 

Cover U: 

Cover V: 

Cover W: 

Cover X: 

9.8 (The only copy ever graded on the registry) 

Cover Y: 

Cover Z: 

Random shots:

ashcan.jpg

galaxy.jpg

X.jpg

UD.jpg

UD1.jpg

UD2.jpg

UD3.jpg

10 hours ago, McCaw1980 said:

All of my variants came back. I found out i'm missing 2.  I thought i had them all. I'm missing C and I.  So i re-ordered copies of both to turn in with my next massive batch of comics to get graded. 

Having said that here is what i have in order. 

If anyone would like me to post photo's of anything listed below please let me know. I'll take some. 

Ashcan:

9.9 and 9.8 

Convention Foil:

9.8 signed (yellow label) 

Convention Black and White:

9.8 signed (Yellow label)

Galaxycon: 

Cover A:

Cover B: 

Cover C: 

MISSING (Ordered copies) 

Cover D: 

Cover E:

Does not exist 

Cover F: 

Cover G: 

Cover H: 

9.8 (The only one on the registry that isn't signed) 

Cover I: 

MISSING (ordered copies)

Cover J: 

Cover K: 

9.8 (Ordered off Ebay, en route to my house as I type this) 

Cover L: 

Cover M: 

9.8 (CGC Lables this "New Wave Comics Edition" instead of Variant Cover M)

Cover N: 

Cover O: 

9.8 (The only 9.8 Cover O on the registry) 

Cover P: 

Cover Q: 

Cover R:

9.8 (Ordered off of Ebay and is en route to my house as I type this) 

Cover S: 

Cover T: 

9.8 signed (Yellow Label) (Ordered off Ebay is en route to my house as i type this) 

Cover U: 

Cover V: 

Cover W: 

Cover X: 

9.8 (The only copy ever graded on the registry) 

Cover Y: 

Cover Z: 

Random shots:

ashcan.jpg

galaxy.jpg

X.jpg

UD.jpg

UD1.jpg

UD2.jpg

UD3.jpg

:whatthe:

(worship)

:golfclap:

1 hour ago, Keys_Collector said:

Some great looking covers.  Is this book as good as the hype?  I haven't read any of it nor do I know much about them other than hearing about potential movie hype.

Yes. A little confusing at the start, but the story and art work well together.

I'm having a hell of a time finding a good copy of JETPACK COMICS comic..... i wrote to them and told them their comics are all jacked up and offered them 150 dollars for a 9.8. They wrote back that they are not professional graders........ well no kidding, they are literally sending 9.0's out at best. Oh and i'm not a professional grader but if you have 2 left hand corners F'd up it wont' pass as a 9.8. They have never once offered a refund mind you........ I guess that's my battle for the day. I'll make it my mission to buy their product and have the highest graded one on hand. sigh..... 

1 hour ago, McCaw1980 said:

I'm having a hell of a time finding a good copy of JETPACK COMICS comic..... i wrote to them and told them their comics are all jacked up and offered them 150 dollars for a 9.8. They wrote back that they are not professional graders........ well no kidding, they are literally sending 9.0's out at best. Oh and i'm not a professional grader but if you have 2 left hand corners F'd up it wont' pass as a 9.8. They have never once offered a refund mind you........ I guess that's my battle for the day. I'll make it my mission to buy their product and have the highest graded one on hand. sigh..... 

:wishluck:

On 3/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, McCaw1980 said:

The three copies they sent to me were trash.  I had to get a refund, and they were not friendly about it.  Of all the shops who carried exclusive covers of #1, Jetpack Comics was the only one who showed no regard for the garbage they sent to people. I will never spend another dime there.

So i'm only missing 3 copies of the number 1 issue in 9.8

C - I have a 9.8 just isn't graded yet (Fingers crossed)

I - I don't know if one will ever be found in 9.8......... the people could care less about quality but i'll probably try to find one even though it goes against everything i stand for

T - I have it ordered off Ebay and it will arrive at some point in April i'm guessing.