Wanted - Nicolas Cage Collection label books
1 1

7 posts in this topic

398 posts

Curious what you have so please message me. I’m a fan and would like to own a couple of his books. Thanks!

1,701 posts

I have 6 of his custom-built display frames. Not sure if his books had the provenance on the label?

2,902 posts
On 10/28/2019 at 1:06 PM, Gruson said:

Curious what you have so please message me. I’m a fan and would like to own a couple of his books. Thanks!

2EAD8B85-1E39-4A5B-8A6A-C6843EE09E5C.gif

492 posts
On 10/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

I have 6 of his custom-built display frames. Not sure if his books had the provenance on the label?

This one isn't for sale, but his books did have the provenance on the label.

0201171045491.jpg

1,701 posts

Cool! I wasn't sure how the prevalent the provenance was for his books. I guess Heritage reslabbed them all before auction? I'd love to have one just to have a piece of collecting history. Same with the Graham Nash books. 

492 posts

The Nicholas Cage auction occurred in 2002, which was still in the early days of CGC. I would guess that most of the books were raw before the auction, but whatever books were slabbed must have been re-slabbed. I assume you don't have a copy of the auction catalog; those pop up on eBay from time to time. Here's one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nicholas-Cage-Collection-Heritage-Auction-Catalog-Never-Read-NM-SKU-16647/401826882277?hash=item5d8ebfa2e5:g:r5gAAOSwOxFdEWrx

(I still have mine; even if I didn't, I don't think I'd pay fifty bucks for one.)

Edited by jimbo_7071