• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice on signed unopened comics

8 posts in this topic

I’d say go on eBay to compare SOLD prices in comparable conditions for the comics you have

that should give you a ball park price range

you can add $5 if your comic is signed.

or you can go to a comic book store and PAY someone for an appraisal of your stuff

Unfortunately, most of those kinds of comics are best kept in your collection, or given as gifts to people who are fans of the writer/artist/whathaveyou that signed it. I'd say, unless it was a Stan Lee, you aren't going to get much (if any) of a premium for unwitnessed sigs. You have a better chance at realising something with it being Dynamic Forces, but again, not much, maybe $5 as Revat says. I have a few Adam & Andy Kubert signed X-Men that I got from my LCS when they showed up for a signing, paid about $5 for each of them, and I figure they aren't worth that to anyone but me or anyone else around here that's a fan. I know they wouldn't get anything extra for the sigs if I were to try and sell them.

-slym