• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,647 posts in this topic

Here we see 2 panels from Superman #198-"The Super Super Superman".  We see him blowing out a STAR.  He thinks "I hope I took in enough air from Earth"-because we all know there's enough air on Earth to 'blow out' a star!  We also know stars burn by COMBUSTION, not fusion or anything, and thus can be BLOWN OUT LIKE A CANDLE!!! :pullhair:

Ps Superman's lungs can hold no more air than mine-air enters lungs by outside pressure differences as the expanded volume causes air to rush in-they do not 'suck in' by some interior vacuum method.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 5.18.27 PM.png

If his breath was powerful enough to have such a widespread influence on the star, the compression effect might crunch atoms together enough to facilitate core fusion and increase the star’s energy output instead.

Edited by Ken Aldred

8 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

If his breath was powerful enough to have such a widespread influence on the star, the compression effect might crunch atoms together enough to facilitate core fusion and increase the star’s energy output.

Not to mention sending the star careening away at near light speed-

2 hours ago, kav said:

Here we see 2 panels from Superman #198-"The Super Super Superman".  We see him blowing out a STAR.  He thinks "I hope I took in enough air from Earth"-because we all know there's enough air on Earth to 'blow out' a star!  We also know stars burn by COMBUSTION, not fusion or anything, and thus can be BLOWN OUT LIKE A CANDLE!!! :pullhair:

Ps Superman's lungs can hold no more air than mine-air enters lungs by outside pressure differences as the expanded volume causes air to rush in-they do not 'suck in' by some interior vacuum method.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 5.18.27 PM.png

it is lame

Edited by Artboy99

Just now, jools&jim said:

meh

'Tis goofy fun indeed!  Grant Morrison and his legion of post-postmodern imitators only wish that they could be this authentically silly and weird and serious all at the same time, and still get it all done in eight pages for 12-cents! 

A little nonsense now and then is valued by the wisest men...and by kids, too, who were gleefully enjoying this stuff as fantasy (not science!) on a fleeting and carefree summer afternoon during a lost but not entirely forgotten age when the world was not as it is today.

So I say celebrate this kind of whimsical and harmless hogwash for what it is, and mourn its passing, rather than faulting it for what it is not...

(thumbsu

I absolutely love this stuff.  Jimmy Olsen a big fave too.

Just now, Pangolin said:

From Secret Wars II #2 : A casual conversation between Spidey and the Beyonder!

image.thumb.png.641ef871dfe678e0f0a559b39af7972f.png

Oh lordy-