• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,653 posts in this topic

Ok here's another one that makes NO LOGICAL SENSE.  Action Comics 321-Stupidman is on a planet with no powers-he smelts ore using NUCLEAR RADIATION to build a giant robot to fling him to another star system.  Couple things-WHY does he need to build an entire robot and not just a catapult arm?  Also, the acceleration needed to fling some craft to another star system would be so great it would smash Stupidman into a paste of quarks-even if he still had his super powers!  The energy of the entire universe would not be sufficient to fling a spacecraft to another star system in minutes!!

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 2.00.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 2.01.27 PM.png

I'm surprised you never mentioned the basic problem with the idea of a 'yellow' sun, with our own Sun's output being red to violet wavelengths across the visible spectrum, giving it a white colour overall, as visible from space, and only looking yellow down here because of atmospheric scattering effects. 

Again, my previous post is much too nerdy, and I should compensate ...

No point dividing this one up into separate panels as the whole page is ridiculous...

viz.jpg

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, kav said:

Ok here's another one that makes NO LOGICAL SENSE.  Action Comics 321-Stupidman is on a planet with no powers-he smelts ore using NUCLEAR RADIATION to build a giant robot to fling him to another star system.  Couple things-WHY does he need to build an entire robot and not just a catapult arm?  Also, the acceleration needed to fling some craft to another star system would be so great it would smash Stupidman into a paste of quarks-even if he still had his super powers!  The energy of the entire universe would not be sufficient to fling a spacecraft to another star system in minutes!!

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 2.00.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 2.01.27 PM.png

And this is the conundrum of fantasy story telling. In order for the characters and story to work, I have to suspend my sensibilities and believe the impossible is possible, but yet still expect some certain attachment to reality to make it plausible. Cross over that fine line, then everything falls apart and it's just plain ridiculous.

Edited by Jaylam

Take this page from FF #93. I'm supposed to believe that a character like the Human Torch can exist, but it's a total fail when I have to grasp the fact that he can function in the vacuum of outer space just like he does here in the atmosphere on earth, especially when in the past they've shown that when he's deprived of air, he at least flames out. Even as a 9 year old, I was having a "WTF" moment when I saw this.

193867845_ff93page_edited.jpg.bd43659be681efd8206967ed58012476.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

Take this page from FF #93. I'm supposed to believe that a character like the Human Torch can exist, but it's a total fail when I have to grasp the fact that he can function in the vacuum of outer space just like he does here in the atmosphere on earth, especially when in the past they've shown that when he's deprived of air, he at least flames out. Even as a 9 year old, I was having a "WTF" moment when I saw this.

193867845_ff93page_edited.jpg.bd43659be681efd8206967ed58012476.jpg

See this is what I'm talking about.

Here's another head-scratcher-World's Finest 160.  Stupidman and Battyman bust a carny psychic-some world shaking stuff!!  Then instead of letting him pay his fine or whatever they set him up to become a crime boss so they can bust him again!!  Dang my advice is DO NOT JAYWALK around the world's greatest stupidheroes!!

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 6.07.25 PM.png

Here's another Stupidman wtf-he's always bemoaning how his parents 'died' when Krypton exploded.  Dude you know damn well they did not die but are in suspended animation as was revealed in Stupidboy 158!!  Please stop with this!!  Ps great son-just left em there in space when there are multiple ways you could have saved them!!!

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 10.43.07 PM.png

158-1 (1).jpg

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

205693D8-8436-4050-9115-2A03EF5D89C1.jpeg.b5617f84d702a33d965f27ee48a33920.jpeg

.You may have missed the point of this thread (shrug)

The above was a serious attempt to highlight racism by having White Lois live the life of an ordinary Black woman for a day.

Probably shouldn't be in the same thread as Betty and Veronica tribbing.......

2c

29 minutes ago, Beige said:

.You may have missed the point of this thread (shrug)

The above was a serious attempt to highlight racism by having White Lois live the life of an ordinary Black woman for a day.

Probably shouldn't be in the same thread as Betty and Veronica tribbing.......

2c

Wasn't going for laughs -- found this ridiculous in hindsight.

Well-intentioned, sure. Still cringe-inducing for me...

Edited by exitmusicblue

20 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Wasn't going for laughs -- found this ridiculous in hindsight.

Well-intentioned, sure. Still cringe-inducing for me...

No problem :foryou:

23 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

To this day one of my most embarrassing convention memories is picking up an Archie innuendo cover -- and the seller at the booth was non-collector family.  That look of disgust I got... :(lol

wait they gave YOU a look of disgust because THEY had a racy cover book for sale????