• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

More confusing than ridiculous.  Has she been stripped of her powers by Kryptonite or The Parasite?  That sort of thing.  hm

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

More confusing than ridiculous.  Has she been stripped of her powers by Kryptonite or The Parasite?  That sort of thing.  hm

Batgirl didnt have lungs?  Couldnt do artificial respiration?  Didnt wanna get cooties?  WHAT

Edited by kav

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

this ridiculous panel has been posted many times .. but for those who missed it , here it is again lol 

vintage-comic-strip-panels-6.jpg

One of my favourites. 

The artist really succeeds in conveying the desperate, energetic struggle for survival by Tom, as he attempts to free himself from the overpowering strength and aggression of the huge, ursine predator.  A classic battle against impossible odds, brilliantly illustrated.

22 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

One of my favourites. 

The artist really succeeds in conveying the desperate, energetic struggle for survival by Tom, as he attempts to free himself from the overpowering strength and aggression of the huge, ursine predator.  A classic battle against impossible odds, brilliantly illustrated.

well said!  hear hear!

as the ursine would-be lover squeezed, Tom realized he was indeed in the pickle of his life!

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Still... the question is WHY?????  

Plus, you have to depress the nozzle to make it spew air.  How does that work looking at that panel?

Exactly my thoughts.  This would not work in any way, shape or form, for a variety of reasons.

It's like some comic writer who had never put air in a tire, changed a tire, or interacted with a car had what in his mind was a brilliant clever plot brainstorm.

Also remember for artificial respiration you breath in, then let the lungs deflate, breathe in again over and over. You also need a tight lip seal.   What was batgirl doing squirting air in then pulling head away then back to nozzle for another squirt because this simply would not I repeat not work.

In my paramedic textbook nowhere is it indicated to use tire nozzle to revive someone.

Edited by kav

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Would someone with knowledge of this comic please explain the plot.  Why didn't Supergirl hold her breath when she jumped in?  Did she lose her powers?  Suicide?  Why are all the other superheroes walking away?  

My only guess as to "why" would be that they didn't wanna show a couple ladies locking lips...? Despite the fact that it would be medically relevant...

???

11 hours ago, gadzukes said:

One of the problems with this panel is.... The Bear is SMILING!   This is not "The Revenant", this is Gentle Ben kissing his master.

It’s now widely known that there’s no point to running away from or attempting defensive fighting against a bear, but the level of surrender illustrated here is just pitiful.

Or, artistically inept.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/16/2020 at 4:58 PM, Ken Aldred said:

One of my favourites. 

:roflmao:  Ultimate description Paul !!  :roflmao:

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Here's one I found amusing.  How could those two guys not hear him ?  His word balloon is giant !! 

476915310_sparkmanonwallcopy.thumb.jpg.85fa9a1a9d9b713623a0799046c5c11a.jpg

Spark Man??  WTF

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Yes !!  From Sparkler Comics # 3 

568940790_Sparkler3_0001.thumb.jpg.9fab9192896fbf55b8dbdf7db6864a90.jpg

lol nuthin indicates electricity like an equals sign on the chest!!

5 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Yes !!  From Sparkler Comics # 3 

Broncho?  Does he have bronchitis or something?

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 8.44.45 PM.png