• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,647 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I like the guy quite a bit, and the entire exchange was hilarious. I wouldn’t have hung in for 30 minutes if I wasn’t having a good time!

I would LISTEN to that podcast.

Ps I argued with one dude who claimed superman flew by means of a body force field of some type.  I asked um where has it ever said that in any comic?
You dont get to just invent your own reasons for a fictional character you have not created.

9 minutes ago, kav said:

Ps I argued with one dude who claimed superman flew by means of a body force field of some type.  I asked um where has it ever said that in any comic?
You dont get to just invent your own reasons for a fictional character you have not created.

Guilty. I have a “personal canon” that has occasionally contradicted Marvel’s official stance. I try to keep such things to myself, tho.

That said, I did really like Kurt Busiek’s Samaritan, from Astro City. Samaritan is a Superman analog, who’s powers are explained by an Empyrean Web. It makes a lot more sense than Superman, and might be where your dude got the idea.

2 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Guilty. I have a “personal canon” that has occasionally contradicted Marvel’s official stance. I try to keep such things to myself, tho.

That said, I did really like Kurt Busiek’s Samaritan, from Astro City. Samaritan is a Superman analog, who’s powers are explained by an Empyrean Web. It makes a lot more sense than Superman, and might be where your dude got the idea.

The little prongs that come out of parkers hands and feet as depicted in the first spider man movie-yeah how do they bust thru soles of boots also if they spring thru gloves they gunna get tangled and ripped out painfully when he rip gloves off-

I also argued with one dude claimed spider man clung to walls using an 'electrostatic field'.  I said thats not how electrostatic fields work.  An electrical field generates a magnetic field and a hand held magnet strong enough to lift a chunk of iron the size of the Sun would have zero effect on a brick wall because the electron poles are not aligned as in iron.  If there was some mythical electrostatic field strong enough to stick spider man to a wall, it would also attract everything around him and he would be battered by books, chairs, cars-

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

I try not to peel too deep into the  “superhero physics” onion. No future in it. :bigsmile:

300 years from now everyone will have body shields that can pretty much do anything.  This is feasible.  Fly, lift battleships, deflect nukes-whatever.

4 hours ago, kav said:

Couple things here.  One, if the flames were hot as a hydrogen bomb you would be ashes from standing that close to them.  Two, superman's lungs works the same as anyone's-they suck in air by increasing the lung volume and OUTSIDE PRESSURE forces air in.  There is no 'suction' per se it is just an example of Boyle's Law.

How do you explain his cold breath power if that's the case?

Just now, KPR Comics said:

How do you explain his cold breath power if that's the case?

I explain it is impossible for him to have super cold breath.  

9 minutes ago, kav said:

300 years from now everyone will have body shields that can pretty much do anything.  This is feasible.  Fly, lift battleships, deflect nukes-whatever.

That would be cool. Certainly more practical than the ones from “Dune”.

Superman 214-this goofy looking dude is way more powerful than superman but he was not accepted into some alien legion of superheroes because of his looks.  Yeah they're not so concerned about defeating menaces but instead on the photo ops:

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 6.51.09 PM.png

5 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

GREAT art & story kav.  Well done!

I can write short stuff but that's it!