• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, telerites said:

How do you really feel, Kav?

+1

It is somewhat vague, emotionally.  hm

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

+1

It is somewhat vague, emotionally.  hm

I really get infuriated.  I feel cheated.  Insulted.  I loved the Ultimates.  It got me back into reading comics after 10 years.  Then I come to that page.
And there's so many levels where this patently stupid scene could have been stopped.  I have worked with writers on several books and GNs-when I get a -script that makes no sense I let em know.  It gets changed.  I say "um this doesnt make sense" and make my case.  I am not Marvel I am just some dude and I can weed out blatant BS.  WHY CANT THEY?

Look I'll rewrite the page.  Hawkeye is tied to a chair surrounded by bad guys.  Hank Pym had replaced one finger with a cyber poison dart shooter to be used in extreme emergencies.  Hawkeye shoots the 2 dudes and they die horribly.  Then he points finger at last dude.   Untie me dude.
A bit outlandish but not a complete wtf.

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Besides being ridiculous, that sounds more like an ability that Bullseye would have rather than Hawkeye. But, I suppose if you’re an archer at his level there might be a transferable skill.

Probably would have been a cool scene if Bullseye did it.hm

Even more effective if it was Gambit:idea:

1 hour ago, kav said:

Look I'll rewrite the page.  Hawkeye is tied to a chair surrounded by bad guys.  Hank Pym had replaced one finger with a cyber poison dart shooter to be used in extreme emergencies.  Hawkeye shoots the 2 dudes and they die horribly.  Then he points finger at last dude.   Untie me dude.
A bit outlandish but not a complete wtf.

:golfclap:

Wait, what?  "replaced one finger with a cyber poison dart shooter?"  Did Hawkeye agree to this, or did Hank get him drunk one night and surprise him with it?

Why not just have one of the bad guys in the room shoot the other guys, pull off a mask disguise, and there's Black Widow.  As she cuts his bonds to free him she says, "This reminds me of Budapest"

7 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

:golfclap:

Wait, what?  "replaced one finger with a cyber poison dart shooter?"  Did Hawkeye agree to this, or did Hank get him drunk one night and surprise him with it?

Why not just have one of the bad guys in the room shoot the other guys, pull off a mask disguise, and there's Black Widow.  As she cuts his bonds to free him she says, "This reminds me of Budapest"

Cant remember if black widow was in ultimates but all the other ultimates had been completely neutralized.  it was all up to hock eye.  Look I admit the finger plot is goofy but 1000 times better than 'let me go or I'll flick my fingernail atcha'.

Lets say hock eye lost a finger in a boating accident so Pym gave him a new deadly one.

FF #4 we're supposed to believe Namor just forgot who he was for 20 years and then magically remembered also had no inclination to even enter the ocean once, also that flame can be controlled so precisely-even if johnny storm could control his flame to 'within a hair's width', that still would not nullify the radiant and convective heat transfer which would scorch the dude.  Do those flames look like they are precisely controlled?  No they look like regular flames licking all over the place:

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 11.56.12 PM.png

Ps we're also supposed to believe Namor/skid row bum would just sit there like a cretin while some dude's hand ignited then started waving it in his face.  I call BS.

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, kav said:

FF #4 we're supposed to believe Namor just forgot who he was for 20 years and then magically remembered also had no inclination to even enter the ocean once, also that flame can be controlled so precisely-even if johnny storm could control his flame to 'within a hair's width', that still would not nullify the radiant and convective heat transfer which would scorch the dude.  Do those flames look like they are precisely controlled?  No they look like regular flames licking all over the place:

Ps we're also supposed to believe Namor/skid row bum would just sit there like a cretin while some dude's hand ignited then started waving it in his face.  I call BS.

And right after Johnny happened to be reading a Sub-Mariner comic book.

6 hours ago, kav said:

There are no ridiculous panels in Fantastic Four #4. :sumo: Once you accept a man who vaporizes bullets before they touch him, you're responsible for your own math on the thermodynamics.

Some panels, however, might be quaint.

Edited by KirbyJack

7 hours ago, kav said:

Has Marvel ever done the comic, "Namor, the skid row bum years"?  There's bound to be some interesting storylines.

9 hours ago, kav said:

I remember reading in a history book that some barbers back in the middle ages and ancient times used hot coals to singe off beard and facial hair as scissors/straight edges were not that plentiful. Perhaps that's where the idea for this panel came from.

2 minutes ago, ThreeSeas said:
9 hours ago, kav said:

I remember reading in a history book that some barbers back in the middle ages and ancient times used hot coals to singe off beard and facial hair as scissors/straight edges were not that plentiful. Perhaps that's where the idea for this panel came from.

Cool :) 

That's a new way to describe "razor" burn shaving ha! Ah honey, I burned myself shaving :D

10 hours ago, kav said:

Do those flames look like they are precisely controlled?

665838349_Screenshot2020-05-04at11_56_12

More to the point, only a very short time before this, in FF 1, his flame control was lousy...

ff1-theflame.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Must be a quick learner.

3 hours ago, ThreeSeas said:

I guess Turkish Barbers still do it.

14 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I guess Turkish Barbers still do it.

Johnny Storm for the win.

3 hours ago, kav said:

Johnny Storm for the win.

Trouble is, they're trained professionals, whereas you can bet Johnny's only ever used a conventional shaver, electric or wet.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Trouble is, they're trained professionals, whereas you can bet Johnny's only ever used a conventional shaver, electric or wet.

punk squirt hasnt started shavin yet.
-Ben Grimm