• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,652 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, kav said:

If they could hit a raft with a torpedo it would be the single greatest shot in all of WW2.
Keep in mind most torpedoes MISS AIRCRAFT CARRIERS AND BATTLESHIPS.

If Sgt Rock had been on there, they'd make extra effort, I'm sure.

After all, Dum Dum Dugan took out a flying German fighter plane by throwing a grenade at it, while he was parachuting to the ground.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

If Sgt Rock was on the raft he would be down to his last bullet and he would see the torpedo coming and be able to shoot at it from super far distance and blow it up far enough away as to not be hurt by the blast

Sounds plausible.

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

After all, Dum Dum Dugan took out a flying German fighter plane by throwing a grenade at it, while he was parachuting to the ground.

and Sgt Rock saved his entire company one time buy using his last bullet, a Tiger tank turret was turning towards Rock and lowering its gun and Rock had only one chance... he had to time the shot of his last bullet and hit the shell at the exact moment it was leaving the Tiger tank barrel in order to blow up the tank and save everyone , fortunately for Rock and company he had perfect aim and perfect timing !!!

7 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

They would make the effort but the odds of succeeding as depicted are similar to making a pool shot off 6 balls and hitting the pocket one mile away.

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

and Sgt Rock saved his entire company one time buy using his last bullet, a Tiger tank turret was turning towards Rock and lowering its gun and Rock had only one chance... he had to time the shot of his last bullet and hit the shell at the exact moment it was leaving the Tiger tank barrel in order to blow up the tank and save everyone , fortunately for Rock and company he had perfect aim and perfect timing !!!

Then there was the time he flicked his fingernail at the germans and they surrendered!
Oh wait that was hawkeye in the ultimates-

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

If Sgt Rock was on the raft he would be down to his last bullet and he would see the torpedo coming and be able to shoot at it from super far distance and blow it up far enough away as to not be hurt by the blast

If Sgt Rock were on the raft he would carefully leap onto the torpedo, and maneuver the fins so the torpedo turned around until it was heading back to the U-boat.  Rock would then leap off before the torpedo hit the U-Boat.   All of this while smoking a cigar.  Wait.... did he smoke cigars, or is that Fury?

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Why waste a torpedo on a 2-man raft?  That's like swatting a fly by dropping an anvil on it.

Throw some sea whiz at em why waste a perfectly good torpedo??

42 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

How's this for a bad cover?  

STL164162_530x@2x.jpg?v=1592419653

Ah, I remember this one. 

The issue where Green Lantern joined. 

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Avengers #34: "What if the Avengers were all bombarded by Gamma rays?"

I had to check that because it sounded like a plausible What If?  Looks like it’s a Moon Knight story, though.

5 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I had to check that because it sounded like a plausible What If?  Looks like it’s a Moon Knight story, though.

I mean, I know it's a dig at DC moving their releases to Tuesday, but I feel the execution of the joke could have been better.  I kinda want DC to do a variant of their next Justice League book that simply says "On Sale Tuesday".  Maybe then i'll buy the two variants.

Imagine someone being a modern Avengers collector and having to slab that book to maintain their registry collection.  :ohnoez:

1 hour ago, Hypersphere said:

Without having read the issue, I dare you to explain this situation - including Perry and Lois' apparent paralysis

RCO001_1467288910.jpg

Well knowing DC it was probably an elaborate ruse to make aliens think humans have voodoo powers so they would take their shenanigans elsewhere.

I call BS on any and all compressing of costumes which includes the freakin boots:

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 12.32.30 AM.png

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I call BS on any and all compressing of costumes which includes the freakin boots:

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 12.32.30 AM.png

So, he has a costume that, after transit, will be stored in a Kryptonian ‘Prison Pocket’? 

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

So, he has a costume that, after transit, will be stored in a Kryptonian ‘Prison Pocket’? 

we call it suitcasing in the joint.

All the panels where Stupidman thinks to himself "I, Clark kent, am Superman" usually with lois in background.  WHY would he have to keep reminding himself of this????

Screenshot 2020-07-16 at 8.39.14 PM.png