• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, kav said:

The eye placement in particular is very unsettling to an artist.  Come on, man.

Looks like it's closer to where his "blow hole" should be 

11 hours ago, kav said:

The eye placement in particular is very unsettling to an artist.  Come on, man.

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Looks like it's closer to where his "blow hole" should be 

I think kav's right, though.  It does look wrong.

Despite being underwater, the first thing I thought because of the shop in the background was that it was on land and the whale was hurtling towards the guy through the air, Sharknado style. Then, it clicked that it was underwater.  Bad art.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I think this thread has gone from the ridiculous to the mundane :preach:

Here we see Action Comics 350-the first comic I ever read.  Stupidman comes across a caveman skeleton wearing a super suit.  He goes back in time and when you do this, circles appear with the various years labeled so you know where you are.  Stupidman loses his powers because "back then a million years ago the Earth's sun was red!"  NO!  A red sun is a red giant which is a sun at the END of its life span you dolt.  A sun does not turn from red giant to G2 dwarf!  And in a mere million years???  wtf.  Also, a red giant is larger than the orbit of earth so-there goes the earth!  No, No and NO!

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 12.14.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 12.14.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 12.15.06 PM.png

28 minutes ago, kav said:

Here we see Action Comics 350-the first comic I ever read.  Stupidman comes across a caveman skeleton wearing a super suit.  He goes back in time and when you do this, circles appear with the various years labeled so you know where you are.  Stupidman loses his powers because "back then a million years ago the Earth's sun was red!"  NO!  A red sun is a red giant which is a sun at the END of its life span you dolt.  A sun does not turn from red giant to G2 dwarf!  And in a mere million years???  wtf.  Also, a red giant is larger than the orbit of earth so-there goes the earth!  No, No and NO!

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 12.14.11 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 12.15.06 PM.png

So..... how'd he get back to our time if he had no more powers?

And, dare I ask, why oh why does a caveman wear a Superman costume?

10 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I thought the insinuation was that Superman went back in time....turned human....and eventually died of old age. 

I don’t know.  Comic book time travel is confusing. :insane:

20 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I thought the insinuation was that Superman went back in time....turned human....and eventually died of old age. 

I don’t know.  Comic book time travel is confusing. :insane:

They said it was the Skeleton on a Caveman :frustrated:

Wouldn't Superman know if that was his exact costume?

Maybe supes flew back so fast his suit ripped off in the atmosphere and floated to earth at the same time he noticed a red sun and seeing the red sun he continued on in time travel completely naked until he got back to our time.  The suit just got picked up by some cave man guy who had no super powers at all, but probably became the cave clan witch doctor 

5 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Maybe supes flew back so fast his suit ripped off in the atmosphere and floated to earth at the same time he noticed a red sun and seeing the red sun he continued on in time travel completely naked until he got back to our time.  The suit just got picked up by some cave man guy who had no super powers at all, but probably became the cave clan witch doctor 

CBD6DC73-E54B-4FCD-811D-9746D3C3F54F.gif

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

OK, so I was wrong :tonofbricks:

2 hours ago, kav said:

There are also long-living red dwarf stars such as Proxima Centauri, which have a fraction of the mass of a hotter 'yellow' dwarf such as The Sun, as well as the end-of-life expansion of stars into a red giant phase.  

You wouldn't have the mass or fusion level to go from red to yellow dwarf directly, and a million years is nothing in the lifespan of a star like The Sun or Proxima.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Ok so its DC so you gotta remember!  He got back to the future (tm) because his ROBOT noticed he was gone and came to get him.  I know I know.  The super suit was taken from him by Grog the caveman so he left it behind for Grog to die then I assume got the suit he found in cave and put it on, thus completing the cycle.  I wanna assume he washed it.
As for suns, well this puts it in perspective:
Red giant - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 hour ago, s-man said:
3 hours ago, Senormac said:

OK, so I was wrong :tonofbricks:

Nah.  60's DC writers could make anything happen. (thumbsu