• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yes, it’s a pity.

The Night Stalker was an underrated series.

I preferred the show about the monster of the week hunting reporter to the lolly pop eating bald guy that caught criminals. I forget, was Telly Savalas a cop or detective or what?

6 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

That's more of a leaflet. After the paragraph about transistors, there's not much to cover.

um you forgot abt RADIATION.

10 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

vintage-comic-strip-panels-23.jpg

Ok wtf what book is this WHY

10 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Daredevil124-02_zps2e81740d.jpg

Um humans are curious, social creatures-take it up with evolution buddy and cut that judgmental :censored:

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:
5 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I wonder how many boardies won't have a clue what the Kojak reference is.

Yes, it’s a pity.

The Night Stalker was an underrated series.

I liked how Kojak would always say 'just one more question'-

50 minutes ago, thecollectron said:

It's from an issue of National Lampoon. It was a comic strip about VD. Artwork by Neal Adams. 

Thx for explaining i was like what superhero book Adams drew was this from??  Now i can sleep tonight.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Thx for explaining i was like what superhero book Adams drew was this from??  Now i can sleep tonight.

My guess had been his classic Skateman comic.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

My guess had been his classic Skateman.

I was thinking maybe Dazzler and thats the restroom at disco club maybe.

It’s a fairly disturbing panel.  Reminds me of a local thug who was out with his very big dog, and without the slightest consideration for others around him, including me, allowed it to unleash an explosive, high-pressure torrent onto a post box, deflecting everywhere around.  That was a long time ago, but I’ve mailed elsewhere since.

Edited by Ken Aldred

14 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It’s a fairly disturbing panel.  Reminds me of a local thug who was out with his very big dog, and without the slightest consideration for others around him, including me, allowed it to unleash an explosive, high-pressure torrent onto a post box, deflecting everywhere around.  That was a long time ago, but I’ve mailed elsewhere since.

In the jerzy kozinski book passion play Fabian is at an outdoor cafe and some loud obnoxious buffoons are making things uncomfortable for everyone.  Fabian notices several people have brought their dogs, and he also spots a poodle who has just urinated.  He goes to casually wipe up some urine then brushes it against the jackets of the miscreants as he walks by.  Soon other dogs pick up the scent and are relieving themselves on the jackets.  He expresses satisfaction as the miscreants slowly realize all their jackets are soaked in dog urine.  
Kozinski was the master at revenge ploys-in Cockpit the protagonist as a child is looking at movie posters at a theater.  Doorman comes out and boxes him in the ear yelling at him to get outta here.  He gets a brick and a bottle of ketchup and climbs up on the roof 3 stories up.  He holds the brick right above the ketchup bottle and drops the bottle.  Doorman rushes out, stands over the mess and bends head over to look down at it.  Kid then releases the brick-

Edited by kav

7 hours ago, gadzukes said:

*See page 267 of Ken Aldred's book "The Science of DC".  

That page fully explains how Supes vibrates the molecules in his body at a frequency to nullify sonic booms as he approaches the speed of sound.

That’s a good point. Bullets can travel faster than the speed of sound, so if Supes is faster than a speeding bullet he should be destroying urban property and disturbing the peace with one shock wave after another.

Kav can confirm for me.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

That’s a good point. Bullets can travel faster than the speed of sound, so if Supes is faster than a speeding bullet he should be destroying urban property and disturbing the peace with one shock wave after another.

Kav can confirm for me.

yes metropolis is riddled with shock waves.  authorities powerless.

21 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:
On 8/25/2020 at 6:23 AM, gadzukes said:

*See page 267 of Ken Aldred's book "The Science of DC".  

That page fully explains how Supes vibrates the molecules in his body at a frequency to nullify sonic booms as he approaches the speed of sound.

Kav can confirm for me.

Wait?  You mean, Supermans not real !!?  :whatthe:

30 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Wait?  You mean, Supermans not real !!?  :whatthe:

The rules of fiction are you have to maintain consistency within the fictional world you have created.  If there are no sonic booms this must be explained-Superman devised an anti sonic boom device or whatever.  Columbo is fictional but that doesnt mean he can suddenly start floating in the air in one episode because after all "Columbo is not real".

1 hour ago, kav said:

The rules of fiction are you have to maintain consistency within the fictional world you have created.  If there are no sonic booms this must be explained-Superman devised an anti sonic boom device or whatever.  Columbo is fictional but that doesnt mean he can suddenly start floating in the air in one episode because after all "Columbo is not real".

Not even if he ate some magic chilli?

7 minutes ago, kav said:

stop thinking like DC writer! :makepoint:

You're right.  I'm thinking there like a 50s Silver Age DC writer on one of their mystery or science-fiction titles, as shown recently in posts here.

Thanks for the intervention.  Appreciated.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

You're right.  I'm thinking there like a 50s Silver Age DC writer on one of their mystery or science-fiction titles, as shown recently in posts here.

Thanks for the intervention.  Appreciated.

that was a close one.