• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,647 posts in this topic

Strange Adventures again (sigh) - #3 this time-dude cant find a job and stumbles upon a dream house with everything done automatically-cooking, making clothes, even a seashore in the basement-no need to leave the house!  The old man owner says not only do they not have to pay for the house, the house will pay them $200 a week!  Turns out it is a 'mousetrap'-designed to catch some humans so they can be pulled back to the future so the intelligent bugs can study them.  The old man?  Well he's one of the bugs of course and like all such stories any size or shape head can look exactly like a human merely by slipping on a mask!!  No effort was made to explain how his bug body became human lookin tho-

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 8.44.42 PM.png

Edited by kav

6 hours ago, kav said:

The old man?  Well he's one of the bugs of course and like all such stories any size or shape head can look exactly like a human merely by slipping on a mask!! 

Space Bug chitin is extremely malleable.

Two of his arms are strapped down, like The Angel used to do with his wings.

Easy explanation.

This is an Ad on the back cover of one of my comics.

Since when does "defending yourself" involve bending someone backwards over your knee and shoving your hand in their pants?

Is this self defense or foreplay?

Or is this a front wedgie?

Of all the images they could have used....... this one really seems weird to me.

image1 (1).jpeg

33 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Since when does "defending yourself" involve bending someone backwards over your knee and shoving your hand in their pants?

Of all the images they could have used....... this one really seems weird to me.

image1 (1).jpeg

Puts go for the jugular into a wth moment ha

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

image1 (1).jpeg

this works great unless your opponent takes the minimal effort to retaliate like say doing a palm strike with his left hand across your suck chops.

image1 (1).jpeg

Rule #1 to self defense.  There are no rules.FB_IMG_1531182029737.jpg.7a989cd6c1491ee244509b900115d2eb.jpg

At the same time that ad does state 55 lessons worth $150 when given in training.  What was a happy ending going for back then as it seems that was his goal here. 

37 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Rule #1 to self defense.  There are no rules.FB_IMG_1531182029737.jpg.7a989cd6c1491ee244509b900115d2eb.jpg

At the same time that ad does state 55 lessons worth $150 when given in training.  What was a happy ending going for back then as it seems that was his goal here. 

"Monkey steals the Peach"   :roflmao:

Not to be confused with "Monkey goes for the Banana"

image1 (1).jpeg

"Is Bravery ALONE enough to stand up against guns....?"  

Are they saying their "bare hands" defense techniques can go up against GUNS?

1 hour ago, kav said:

This technique works great if opponent stands there with legs open and lets monkey steal his pearls.

"Monkey steals the Peach"   :roflmao:

Not to be confused with "Monkey goes for the Banana"

"Is Bravery ALONE enough to stand up against guns....?"  

Are they saying their "bare hands" defense techniques can go up against GUNS?

Or you could always go for the classics magic trick.

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 5.51.34 PM.png

Ps the author strongly recommends wearing mask when grabbin dude's peaches

Edited by kav

"The impact will lift the enemy off the ground" (shrug)

Or should it say, "The enemy will jump up off the ground when you grab his nut sack?"

So someone goes to punch you you quickly block the blow, drop to one knee and do an upwards strike.  Yeah no.  So much martial arts BS relies on the opponent just standing there.  There was one video where a female black belt demonstrated how to defeat 2 guys holding guns to her.  It involved about 8 separate movements.  I realy hate McDojos man.

1 hour ago, kav said:

So someone goes to punch you you quickly block the blow, drop to one knee and do an upwards strike.  Yeah no.  So much martial arts BS relies on the opponent just standing there.  There was one video where a female black belt demonstrated how to defeat 2 guys holding guns to her.  It involved about 8 separate movements.  I realy hate McDojos man.

A very good friend of mine was a Black Belt of many levels (I don't know which martial art form he practiced but he was SO impressive).  He was so agile and competed/won martial art creative skill competitions that ESPN put on.  His signature move was throwing 2 boards into the air above his head in front of him, leaping up and breaking the boards with his feet, flipping over, and landing back on his feet again.  (He was a great looking Asian American, a really decent human being, and seriously would have been perfect casting for Shang Chi)

Long story short..... he was at a Drive-In movie with his Girlfriend and ran the battery down in his car so it wouldn't start.  He got out of his car and went to one of the next cars to ask for help jumpstarting his car.  He knocked on the window of the car, the window rolled down and the guy in the car shot him 3 times in the chest, then drove off (leading the cops on a high speed chase through my city, where one of the cops ended up hitting and killing a pedestrian during the chase).  It was tragic in so many ways.  I always thought of my friend's skill set as the closest thing to a superhero that there was, but ..... if someone quickly pulls a gun on you and fires 3 times from point blank range, there's simply not a lot that your martial arts are going to do for you.

Edited by gadzukes

15 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

A very good friend of mine was a Black Belt of many levels (I don't know which martial art form he practiced but he was SO impressive).  He was so agile and competed/won martial art creative skill competitions that ESPN put on.  His signature move was throwing 2 boards into the air above his head in front of him, leaping up and breaking the boards with his feet, flipping over, and landing back on his feet again.  (He was a great looking Asian American, a really decent human being, and seriously would have been perfect casting for Shang Chi)

Long story short..... he was at a Drive-In movie with his Girlfriend and ran the battery down in his car so it wouldn't start.  He got out of his car and went to one of the next cars to ask for help jumpstarting his car.  He knocked on the window of the car, the window rolled down and the guy in the car shot him 3 times in the chest, then drove off (leading the cops on a high speed chase through my city, where one of the cops ended up hitting and killing a pedestrian during the chase).  It was tragic in so many ways.  I always thought of my friend's skill set as the closest thing to a superhero that there was, but ..... if someone quickly pulls a gun on you and fires 3 times from point blank range, there's simply not a lot that your martial arts are going to do for you.

Yep.  Weird that I just went to get a battery a little while ago.  Always get the gel battery-my 3 year gel battery lasted 6 years and they do not leak or corrode.  My 5 year liquid battery lasted 3 years because I do not drive much.
Sounds like your friend was proficient but to be fair, show karate and street fighting dont always equate.  Not commenting on this particular case because i dont see how even Bruce Lee could have walked away from that one but I have seen black belts that could do all kinds of amazing karate gymnastics get utterly obliterated in a real fight.  You have to spar, hard.  And been in a few street fights to see if what you learned actually works.  McDojos teach "A martial artist never gets in fights".  What utter hogwash.  the whole point of a martial art is to be able to defeat a real attacker.  Not cower away.  Stand your ground.

23 minutes ago, kav said:

Yep.  Weird that I just went to get a battery a little while ago.  Always get the gel battery-my 3 year gel battery lasted 6 years and they do not leak or corrode.  My 5 year liquid battery lasted 3 years because I do not drive much.
Sounds like your friend was proficient but to be fair, show karate and street fighting dont always equate.  Not commenting on this particular case because i dont see how even Bruce Lee could have walked away from that one but I have seen black belts that could do all kinds of amazing karate gymnastics get utterly obliterated in a real fight.  You have to spar, hard.  And been in a few street fights to see if what you learned actually works.  McDojos teach "A martial artist never gets in fights".  What utter hogwash.  the whole point of a martial art is to be able to defeat a real attacker.  Not cower away.  Stand your ground.

You're right, my friend was very proficient, and extremely gifted, but I always saw him as an entertainer.  I have no clue if he ever was in a real fight.

Edited by gadzukes

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

You're right, my friend was very proficient, and extremely gifted, but I always saw him as an entertainer.  I have no clue if he ever was in a real fight.

I was lucky-I took karate at McDojos but just learned show karate.  It never helped me much in real confrontations.   I met a martial artist guy who had been in 50+ fights-he was a bouncer at punk rock club.  He trained me and it was brutal.  After abt a month, 2 guys jumped me in an alley and I obliterated them.  I walked away thinking 'that was really easy-they couldnt even stop any of my techniques'.  That's when I was onboard for fully motivated training with my new instructor.