• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,647 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Orig cover sketch for FF 26:

1.jpg

This helps explain it all. It was confusing with the finished cover where they added a city in the background.  They are not on an actual building they are playing at a playground on a jungle gym...

The reason the skyscraper looks so small is that it was Hank Pym's disastrous attempt at entering the New York property development market.  His size-changing ability affected his judgement about apartment and, therefore, tower block size, and his designs were far too small for the 1960s.

He was simply ahead of his time, as for modern day, gentrified Manhattan, his apartments would now be considered extremely spacious.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

That skyscraper wasn’t very tall lol ☹️😷👍🤣🤣

Yup. The company used to build it was Pym Construction.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Open your mouth and say ahhh..!

2027071377_EiFId34XkAArE4-(1).png.42cace956ebf07af8814746980bbb1d7.png

so....his legs are doing this-
and where is-
never mind.

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Can’t Thor fly?

I believe so, but it looks like he's going for a helicopter effect there, and hovering.

9 hours ago, Hypersphere said:

I've been looking back at Superboy comics after binging World's Finest, and sometimes the drawings are just...

IMG_9645.JPG

IMG_9645.JPG

So here's some info I never thought I'd share here on the boards ...... I do rope spinning.  When you twirl the rope around your body like that it's a move called the "wedding ring".  The Wedding ring only works if your hand is above your head.  The position Superboy is holding the rope in... the rope will just wrap up around his body.

Also.... a cape is the enemy of a rope spinner.  Gotta take the cape off if you're going to spin a rope.

Edited by gadzukes

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

So here's some info I never thought I'd share here on the boards ...... I do rope spinning.  When you twirl the rope around your body like that it's a move called the "wedding ring".  The Wedding ring only works if your hand is above your head.  The position Superboy is holding the rope in... the rope will just wrap up around his body.

Also.... a cape is the enemy of a rope spinner.  Gotta take the cape off if you're going to spin a rope.

Yes! I dont know if its because I'm a Texan, but I noticed it as well and well physics!

OK, this is not a "Comic Panel", but it's a ridiculous "comic book villain toy".

I just saw this on ebay.  A Braniac Rubber Duckie.

NO WONDER he wants to destroy earthlings.

At first I thought this was a 1 of a kind hand made item, but no..... they've got rubber duckies for a bunch of DC superheroes.

"Soak in Safety with the Superman Bath Duck"

1.jpg