• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,647 posts in this topic

S_D860l3abUhrng9j2muVDaaOfjxrAS8I1wXgkVF

Both Doom and Kingpin are obsessed with power and more than likely have psychopathic tendencies, one common symptom being lack of empathy and lack of true emotional connection.  Contrary to the claim there, the worst can be devoid of that.

So, those panels were pushing credibility a bit. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

16 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Both Doom and Kingpin are obsessed with power and more than likely have psychopathic tendencies, one common symptom being lack of empathy and lack of true emotional connection.  Contrary to the claim there, the worst can be devoid of that.

And Magneto was even worse. He actively was working to elimination of Humanity.

Why would he even cry

7 minutes ago, Ares said:

And Magneto was even worse. He actively was working to elimination of Humanity.

Why would he even cry

Psychopathic detachment is often illustrated by a quote associated with Stalin..

”A single death is a tragedy ; a million deaths is a statistic.”

Which, given the context of those panels, makes their dialogue and thought processes very debatable.

19 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I want to post something a serial killer said when asked if someone begged him would he think about letting them go but not sure what causes strikes so better not.  The answer is NO Dr Doom would not shed a tear over this that is really bad writing.  

23 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

It feels as though their characters are being degraded, and it's always such shame when that happens to villains

1 hour ago, kav said:

Imagine say youre watching Terminator and in the middle of the movie suddenly the Terminator sees a puppy and starts cryng and takes the puppy to the vet and buys it food and stuff.
Bad writing. BAD BAD BAD.  
The writer was TRYING to demonstrate the awfulness of the situation.  This is not how it's done.  Instead, they made the whole story a joke.  Bad.

Marvel Villains had no place being anywhere NEAR that story.

24 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Marvel Villains had no place being anywhere NEAR that story.

Exactly.  And you just know that writer patted himself on the back for this epic comic moment lol 
"Damn I'm good"

13 hours ago, kav said:

Imagine say youre watching Terminator and in the middle of the movie suddenly the Terminator sees a puppy and starts cryng and takes the puppy to the vet and buys it food and stuff.
Bad writing. BAD BAD BAD.  
The writer was TRYING to demonstrate the awfulness of the situation.  This is not how it's done.  Instead, they made the whole story a joke.  Bad.

Hell, a better way of demonstrating how terrible the situation was would have been showing the contrast between their callousness and the destruction, which a good writer should be able to do ¬¬

18 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I'll bet the writer did that at the time, but I'll bet he/she looks back now at what he/she wrote and does this....... :facepalm:

Yep.  I've been there.  Not this bad but yep.  Omg why did I write that nonsense?

6 hours ago, Hypersphere said:

Hell, a better way of demonstrating how terrible the situation was would have been showing the contrast between their callousness and the destruction, which a good writer should be able to do ¬¬

Exactly.  Doom should have said something like "those people think too small-"

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I think that at the time we were understandably shocked, traumatised, saddened and angry at such an atrocity, and were looking for some way to deal with the immense overload of grief.

As a form of unloading and catharsis for the writer, he goes too far with the Doom sequence.  Kingpin, a New Yorker, is the most believable, but not an unmotivated, self-interested, foreign, dictatorial, Latverian psychopath. 

Exactly.  Kingpin-thats his home-he being upset = believable.  He's also already been demonstrated to care about stuff like his family.  Doom-Nope.

The writer was going for the yo mama so or the chuck norris effect-
This incident was so horrible even Dr Doom cried!!

On 9/25/2020 at 4:44 AM, Larryw7 said:

ww1_78_09_wwa7.jpg

-To swing the bat she would have turn the back of her head towards the pitcher, but then she wouldn't see the ball (maybe she hears the ball coming?).

-If the ball is actually thrown into the strike zone it would be especially hard to hit.

-To wield the bat in her mouth she wouldn't be able to clench her teeth like shown, she would look more like a "blow-up doll" :insane:

Avengers 165 and any other of the countless comics that show people picking up a building.  BUILDINGS DO NOT WORK LIKE THIS! :makepoint:

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 1.51.48 PM.png

And here he goes agin in Avengers 166 :pullhair:
Image may contain: text that says 'HIS POWERS ARE MIND-- STAGGERING! CAN'T LET Iã¼ã¼I NEVER DREAMED.- MYSELF PANIC THIS DISPLAY ONLY MAKES ME CRAVE HIS WEAPON MORE!'

Edited by kav