• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

We’ve all learned conclusively that a mask isn’t enough to conceal your identity from people you know.

Especially not a mask like this.  Dont believe me?  Get some domino mask like this at halloween store, put it on then test with your friends.  You'll see.

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 9.39.20 PM.png

Edited by kav

On 10/20/2020 at 1:06 AM, kav said:

This 2 part story traumatized me as a kid-Superman losing his powers.

You have good memory, mine is sketchy on the early comics I read as a child, I read lots of Casper though an most those were similar stories

9 hours ago, kav said:

Especially not a mask like this.  Dont believe me?  Get some domino mask like this at halloween store, put it on then test with your friends.  You'll see.

A small pair if spectacles  would be as effective as this tiny mask 😷😷🍘🤬

On 6/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, gadzukes said:

Adventure Comics 346

Karate Kid is auditioning for the Legion.  His "power"..... being really good at Karate & Judo.

And then he chops an "I-Beam" in two.  Wait...wha?  Mastering Karate let's you chop I-Beams?  (I think Karate Kid brought a Balsa wood shaped I-Beam and painted it black.)

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

He knows karate , judo, Ji-jitsu an a couple other Japanese words🥴🥴😂

18 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Ok, better late, as they say.

98D182A2-DC5E-4468-A0B4-70A30EB6D021.thumb.jpeg.e8fb9ddcd47785b8a9a2338db3ee42e1.jpeg

It reminds me a little of a reviewed play in the NFL. The process is laughable at times, but eventually they got the call right. Getting rid of Johnny’s secret identity was an even better idea than losing Mike Murdock.

Very interesting.  Exactly the same restraint shown by everyone in Chris Claremont's Wolverine solo series, where one of the most famous mutants on Earth, with one of the most distinctive haircuts in the history of comics believes he's disguising himself by wearing an eye patch.  Every major character in the series knows who he is, but are also concerned about calling him out on it.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

16 minutes ago, Phicks said:

And yet... I went skiing once, and went over to a  guy I recognized as another parent on my son’s soccer team.  We saw each other at least once a week at games and practices, and always talked.  We had been at each other’s houses for team parties.  He did not recognize me when I talked to him.  I was wearing a helmet and dark goggles.  Mouth, nose and chin were visible.  

Recognizing people actually has a lot to with the setting you are accustomed to seeing them in.

so Cap's disguise is legit!  Also the Flash.

3 hours ago, Phicks said:

Recognizing people actually has a lot to with the setting you are accustomed to seeing them in.

Possibly the reasoning behind Wolverine's piratical disguise, as he was in Madripoor at the time.

On 10/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Very interesting.  Exactly the same restraint shown by everyone in Chris Claremont's Wolverine solo series, where one of the most famous mutants on Earth, with one of the most distinctive haircuts in the history of comics believes he's disguising himself by wearing an eye patch.  Every major character in the series knows who he is, but are also concerned about calling him out on it.  

Instead of calling himself Patch, Logan was going to use the name Cyclops, but someone beat him to it!  I think he should've posed as a rich man and been known as Cabbage Patch!  He may be the best he is at what he does, but I guess that doesn't include disguises!  :wink:

On 10/23/2020 at 10:39 PM, kav said:

it isnt the mask, it is the fantastic powers displayed in combination with the mask. 

"I saw a guy today lift a bus with a magic beam coming from a ring. You know Kav, he looked a lot like you but that couldnt have been you."

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

it isnt the mask, it is the fantastic powers displayed in combination with the mask. 

"I saw a guy today lift a bus with a magic beam coming from a ring. You know Kav, he looked a lot like you but that couldnt have been you."

good point.  

On 10/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Ken Aldred said:

20201026_174906.jpg.4c60f2f349936ad84c621d9dac930a14.jpg

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

yep those glasses make Clark Kent impossible to identify ... back then and even with today's facial recognition technology ....

Dont forget the curl-you curl yo hair like that and I can confirm NO ONE will recognize.
(many speculate he keeps Kandorian hair-curler in cape pouch)

Screenshot 2020-10-26 at 7.18.49 PM.png