• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,653 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, kav said:

A case of over estimating one's abilities? lol 

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 7.34.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 7.34.42 PM.png

For a moment I thought you were showing me that was YOU, commenting on that post back in 2011!

I don't know man, the storytelling looks clear and just that cover, helpfully showing "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" and "brick" is pretty entertaining! 

1 minute ago, wisbyron said:

For a moment I thought you were showing me that was YOU, commenting on that post back in 2011!

I don't know man, the storytelling looks clear and just that cover, helpfully showing "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" and "brick" is pretty entertaining! 

Pretty sure Shooter hired him on the spot.

12 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

candidate for the worst cover ever so i can't even imagine whats inside...

Marvel Team-Up #128

Even Liefeld laffs at that book I suspect.

Joe Jusko was apparently a weight lifting fellow back then; I vaguely recall an editorial explaining why they went with a photo cover. Elliot R Brown probably did this as I've also read how he handled all of Marvel's photo covers. (update: I literally just typed a second before noticing Brown's credit is helpfully right there next to the upc box) I think you guys are a little too harsh! Some kid probably thought this was cool as cosplay was a thing of the future for the most part. We have to always remember, if adults really walked around in the costumes as they're drawn in the comics, they'd look incredibly stupid. 

5 hours ago, kav said:

Even Liefeld laffs at that book I suspect.

Liefeld would have shifted the entire cover down a couple inches or so, such that the bottom edge would amputate Cap and Spidey just below the knees. That way, he could avoid seeing ... whatever those leg-ending thingies are called! They vex him so!

Just now, Qalyar said:

Liefeld would have shifted the entire cover down a couple inches or so, such that the bottom edge would amputate Cap and Spidey just below the knees. That way, he could avoid seeing ... whatever those leg-ending thingies are called! They vex him so!

Plus he would of pouched the **** out of them.

35 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Is that Marvel Team Up 128 even a real cover? I think it’s a parody , it’s really bad , even a kid would know that☹️☹️😷😷

Marvel's early experiments with photo covers were not... particularly good ideas, shall we say.

Most ridiculous movie premise of all time:
If the first rule of Fight Club is don't talk about Fight Club, then HOW DID THEY GET NEW MEMBERS???

I light-heartedly want to say that you guys are being a little rough on the Marvel photo cover(s). Kids were maybe slightly less jaded in 1982 or whenever that thing came out and it may have been something cool for them to see in a pre-CGI world. I remember being a kid in elementary school when someone brought in the Amazing Spider-Man with the photo cover (that has Peter- excuse me, the actor/model portraying Peter Parker)- standing there, unmasked- and the kids discussing it, like did Spider-Man "really" look like that, and so forth. You guys are maybe applying your current sensibilities to looking at something from like 40 years ago. Sometimes corny stuff is fun!

Codpiece was posted near the beginning of the thread, but thanks for showing us more of the story.  Hilarious.

Edited by Ken Aldred