• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, D2 said:

No!

That's not good at all!

Kav was one of the most sincere guys I've met on here. I really hope he comes back. That sucks. I hope he's okay?

I like Kav’s enthusiasm.

But, I’m likely to be off soon as well.

Here's a Golden age ridiculous Super Hero

FIRE-EATER!  The artist who created him..... I kid you not "Wood Byrns"

Look at that costume :facepalm: He's like a fire eating Chippendale dancer.

And his powers..... LAME.  He can blow fire.  But he has to swallow a capsule first. :facepalm:

So.... a guy pulls a gun on him, and he has to say "Wait!  Let me swallow this before you shoot!"

In the second photo.... he's found a German U-boat.  Time to use his super power on the Periscope!  Okey dokey.... now what.

FullSizeRender-59.jpeg

FullSizeRender-61.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Look at that costume :facepalm: He's like a fire eating Chippendale dancer.

:signfunny:

On 2/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, D2 said:

Why??

what’s going on that I don’t know??

Sadly, I'm considering leaving.

I’ve just finished having the heating and water system in the house completely modernised, which proved extremely stressful, more so because of my autism and OCD.  It turned out to be necessary and lucky though, as the antiquated back boiler was dangerously rusted and a carbon monoxide risk.  The engineers said it was in the worst condition they’d ever seen, and I believe them.

And so, talking about condition…

As far as comics are concerned I have quite a large physical collection, and if I’d only damaged a few drek items while moving boxes around I’d be able to accept that easily.  Unfortunately, stressed, tired and not thinking sensibly, I stacked up some of my key slabs, the pile went over and a Tomb of Dracula 10 9.6, bought for $400, now irreplaceable at $3,000, got severely damaged.   Blowie’s purely coincidentally-timed thread on a TOD 10 9.9 provided additional psychological salt in the wound on top.

I’ve not checked the other keys yet, but that’s one of my all-time most important books.  I just came to the conclusion that someone with my condition shouldn’t really be doing this; ordinarily hyper-careful and obsessive-compulsive, or, completely the opposite, spaced-out, clumsy, no common sense whatsoever when I’m depressed, hyper-anxious and burned out.  The worst is that up until the point at which I started messing about with my key books I’d been extremely cautious. I burned out at exactly the right time to do maximum damage.

Given the ridiculous and often unaffordable prices keys are going for now,  I already find the money talk and boiler room attitude here very depressing, and time for me to stop being involved with a physical product that I can’t safely curate or replace in the long term.  I’ll still obtain cheap reading material by buying digitally, huge bundles available there, but for someone with my meagre resources a lot of what goes on here isn’t relevant anymore.

This is one of the few threads that I believe has a larger gathering of people that actually do care about the stories, artwork, creators, etc, and I appreciate your interest and concern.  I wonder though, if it's enough to continue on here.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/19/2021 at 2:39 PM, Ken Aldred said:

I just came to the conclusion that someone with my condition shouldn’t really be doing this; ordinarily hyper-careful and obsessive-compulsive, or, completely the opposite, spaced-out, clumsy, no common sense whatsoever when I’m depressed, hyper-anxious and burned out.  

Hey, Ken.

I am really sorry that happened.

I think many of us can see ourselves making a mistake like that, which is one of the reasons your post was painful to read. After long ago perfecting my technique for changing boards and bags on books, I managed to get my first tape pull on a book in a very, very long time (at least thirty years). It wasn’t a key book, but it was a high-grade book that I really liked, and it’s not so high grade now.

I really beat myself up about that for a few weeks, so I can only imagine how you are feeling right now.

All of that is to say that accidents happen, everybody does something that makes us feel dumb every now and then, and I hope you stick around.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:39 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Sadly, I'm considering leaving.

I’ve just finished having the heating and water system in the house completely modernised, which proved extremely stressful, more so because of my autism and OCD.  It turned out to be necessary and lucky though, as the antiquated back boiler was dangerously rusted and a carbon monoxide risk.  The engineers said it was in the worst condition they’d ever seen, and I believe them.

And so, talking about condition…

As far as comics are concerned I have quite a large physical collection, and if I’d only damaged a few drek items while moving boxes around I’d be able to accept that easily.  Unfortunately, stressed, tired and not thinking sensibly, I stacked up some of my key slabs, the pile went over and a Tomb of Dracula 10 9.6, bought for $400, now irreplaceable at $3,000, got severely damaged.   Blowie’s purely coincidentally-timed thread on a TOD 10 9.9 provided additional psychological salt in the wound on top.

I’ve not checked the other keys yet, but that’s one of my all-time most important books.  I just came to the conclusion that someone with my condition shouldn’t really be doing this; ordinarily hyper-careful and obsessive-compulsive, or, completely the opposite, spaced-out, clumsy, no common sense whatsoever when I’m depressed, hyper-anxious and burned out.  The worst is that up until the point at which I started messing about with my key books I’d been extremely cautious. I burned out at exactly the right time to do maximum damage.

Given the ridiculous and often unaffordable prices keys are going for now,  I already find the money talk and boiler room attitude here very depressing, and time for me to stop being involved with a physical product that I can’t safely curate or replace in the long term.  I’ll still obtain cheap reading material by buying digitally, huge bundles available there, but for someone with my meagre resources a lot of what goes on here isn’t relevant anymore.

This is one of the few threads that I believe has a larger gathering of people that actually do care about the stories, artwork, creators, etc, and I appreciate your interest and concern.  I wonder though, if it's enough to continue on here.

I'm sorry to hear this, Paul. Perhaps take a break, read through a few old comics, and then see how you feel.