• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
13 13

2,652 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

gnome.jpg

Gnome or hunchback? ???

Lois Lane #32 Stupidman becomes a baby and has to obey Lois or he wont get the 'antidote':

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.07.19 PM.png

14 minutes ago, kav said:

Lois Lane #32 Stupidman becomes a baby and has to obey Lois or he wont get the 'antidote':

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.07.19 PM.png

Exploiting children.... always a good storyline.  The old Quid Pro Quo... give me a scoop and I'll give you the antidote.  Tell me again.... why are we supposed to like Lois?  Is she a moral person?

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Exploiting children.... always a good storyline.  The old Quid Pro Quo... give me a scoop and I'll give you the antidote.  Tell me again.... why are we supposed to like Lois?  Is she a moral person?

you'll love the following panels then lol :

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.24.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.24.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.25.01 PM.png

Ps because we all know candy factories use actual candy for their demo stuff.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

"closed today during animal picnic"?  That's a weird detail.

Right?????

Maybe the writer thought ok it better be closed otherwise readers wonder why management doesnt come out and make fuss over stupidman lickin away their display-

If DC was concerned about logic in their stories that would be the first time tho-

31 minutes ago, kav said:

If DC was concerned about logic in their stories that would be the first time tho-

Possibly it was about working with the restrictions of the Comics Code and trying to be inventive, imaginative to compensate.

With a tight, monthly deadline, limited time to fine-tune ideas, not surprising that many of the plots and concepts were ill-considered, bizarre, utterly ridiculous or extremely bad science.

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Possibly it was about working with the restrictions of the Comics Code and trying to be inventive, imaginative to compensate.

With a tight, monthly deadline, limited time to fine-tune ideas, not surprising that many of the plots and concepts were ill-considered, bizarre, utterly ridiculous or extremely bad science.

they had basically an infinitely powerful character so had to really dig deep to create any stories at all.

This is SO unbelievably lame.

This Giant gets a stomach ache from eating Green Apples.  The military decides to try and shoot a huge antacid pill into his mouth from an airplane but the Giant won't open his mouth.  So this boy comes up with an idea to have an "Actor disguised as a Beatnik"  talk to the Giant and make him laugh.  Then the boy shoots the pill into his mouth.  :insane: :facepalm:

1.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

14 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Somewhere in a Congo Bill story, a fugitive flees into the jungle. Bill saves the day by having THE JUNGLE POLICE SEAL ALL THE EXITS.

I laughed for a good 10 minutes.

It's amazing how much underwater crime lloyd bridges foiled in Sea hunt.  

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

This is SO unbelievably lame.

This Giant gets a stomach ache from eating Green Apples.  The military decides to try and shoot a huge antacid pill into his mouth from an airplane but the Giant won't open his mouth.  So this boy comes up with an idea to have an "Actor disguised as a Beatnik" to talk to the Giant and make him laugh.  Then the boy shoots the pill into his mouth.  :insane: :facepalm:

1.jpg

those crazy beatniks!!

5 minutes ago, kav said:

It's amazing how much underwater crime lloyd bridges foiled in Sea hunt.  

There's plenty of it, just like Knightboat in The Simpsons. 

Doesn't matter if it's at sea, an inlet, canal or fjord, there's always criminal activity.

Edited by Ken Aldred