• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Label would this comic Get?

10 posts in this topic

So Imagine I have NM 87 with un-witnessed sig from Liefeld on the cover. Normally that comic would get a Green Label.

Now Image I take that same comic to a con have it CGC witnessed so it ends up with 2 sigs on the cover. Would the comic then turn into a Yellow label?

you would get a green/yellow label found on the CGC website. or you might be able to get a yellow only label taking the signature as a defect but it will reduce the grade and be noted in the description as written on cover … 

image.thumb.png.f99d30b5a174daf167f46aabc8fb544d.png

https://www.cgccomics.com/comic-grading/labels/

Edited by Krismusic

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

you would get a green/yellow label found on the CGC website. or you might be able to get a yellow only label taking the signature as a defect but it will reduce the grade and be noted in the description as written on cover … 

image.thumb.png.f99d30b5a174daf167f46aabc8fb544d.png

https://www.cgccomics.com/comic-grading/labels/

This is correct, but I hate this label.

Just give it the SS and note, "Name written on cover" for the unwitnessed signature, that's my stance.

WTF you guys talking about 

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

More labels = more possible mistakes.

Perfection is not when there is nothing left to add, but rather when  there is nothing left to take away.

5 hours ago, Ladic said:

thanks for reply!

for the label think it really depends on the book I would say and your personal choice. 

As for someone who thinks the book is a 9.8 and wants to sell the book you might have a better chance at more money realized if the label is the yellow and green label with a 9.8 and note name written on label in marker notation for the unwitnessed sig as most would realize that its just the unwitnessed signature and the book is in great condition. 

As getting not sure what the grade bump would be but lets say a 9.0 cgc SS yellow label that should be a 9.8 you might get less money because of the grade bump down and then also people might suspect there might be other damage on a small scale like a light bend etc.. So you might get less. 

all factors to consider when making this choice of what label. it doesn't bother me to have a green label, but for some I guess it bothers them and they want the yellow label, but it's all preference and what you want to do with the book.