• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF31 mid-grade?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

I have this somewhere between 4.5 and 6.0, but I could be completely off.  Too many variables.

There is a 1/4" and a 1/8" tear on the back left side, both in the bottom quarter.

There is a ding, but not a tear, on the front upper left, near the "r"

There is an NCB fold lower right and a CB fold lower left.

There is considerable minor spine stress, particularly near Mole Man's head, along with a bit of stress near the mislocated stable.

The staples are solid and do not appear discolored, the corners are blunted but that's it.

All 3 edges show very slight roughness, the bottom edge shows stress, mostly near the left-corner bend.

The pages are white with a narrow tinge of off-white at the edges.

FF31_back.thumb.jpg.9ab93d1718775e50ed2dd65e4f9b847e.jpgFF31.thumb.jpg.6fd2c894e3c612baeeeb955cf127a616.jpg

One of the toughest areas in the grading spectrum...the question I like to ask is this: Is it a nice book that has some serious flaws, or is it a low grade copy that looks nice?  hm

In this case, I think you're in the right range. I can see 5.0 or 5.5 on this one...

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

One of the toughest areas in the grading spectrum...the question I like to ask is this: Is it a nice book that has some serious flaws, or is it a low grade copy that looks nice?  hm

In this case, I think you're in the right range. I can see 5.0 or 5.5 on this one...

It's a pretty book until you look closely.