• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF123, and should I press?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I look and I look and I see maybe some blunting on the LHS, plus 2 NCB creases coming in from the spine, one across the Thing's feet in the title box, and one ending at Mr F's mouth.

I have no experience with pressing, but it seems like getting rid of those creases would be a good thing.  Maybe cleaning, too.  At 9.0-9.4 they say it's worth $100 and 9.6 is maybe 4 times that.  Or am I just dreaming that it's anything like that?

FF123.thumb.jpg.2a6468b530373895ce0a0a6ebd30bae6.jpg

FF123_back.thumb.jpg.6221089ac6ccb396ffd934a060621a3e.jpg

Edited by kcm54

I could have sworn I posted the images.  But whatever.  They're there now.  That line on the lower right was a hair on the scanner.

The real question is: Does pressing usually get rid of NCB creases?  Is there a list of pressable defects somewhere?

Edited by kcm54

I usually press everything before submitting it -- I feel like you're leaving money on the table if you don't.  As for this book, it looks like a 9.4, so I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility.

If interested, check out our grading community on facebook for more feedback -- you can post more pictures there:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakingTheGradeComics/