• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Static #1 platinum edition
2 2

73 posts in this topic

You have all the difference you need. Platinum was a more limited print than the other 2 covers though certainly not rare nor was it 1 per store.

Those books aren’t selling for 60...there actually sitting with no buyers or interest.

Why? Most dealers are just greedy and overprice there books for no good reason on eBay in hopes of a sucker.

Edited by Shoomanfoo

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I pick them up between $15 to $30 when I am lucky to find one.
More difficult to find then one thinks. The price goes up and down
based on TV/Movie news for character.

Yea I’d pay 15 all day but people are asking an absurd price for this for no reason. 

Reboot has been talked about forever and nobody even cares anymore.

My favorite issue is the last issue Mobius painted cover.

18 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Yea I’d pay 15 all day but people are asking an absurd price for this for no reason. 

What price should people be asking?

18 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

with hbo max coming i could see a static show being made. 

On 10/29/2019 at 11:32 PM, Shoomanfoo said:

You have all the difference you need. Platinum was a more limited print than the other 2 covers though certainly not rare nor was it 1 per store.

Those books aren’t selling for 60...there actually sitting with no buyers or interest.

Why? Most dealers are just greedy and overprice there books for no good reason on eBay in hopes of a sucker.

I actually prefer the regular edition, regardless of any print limits - it's a more attractive cover. :bigsmile:

Edited by divad

18 hours ago, ygogolak said:

What price should people be asking?

15 hours ago, divad said:

whatever the market will bear . . . long term, I see this book skyrocketing  :idea:

Right, and a recent high grades have been selling for $30-40. So that was the reason for my question. People are saying they would pay $15-20. I would as well. Double your money seems a given on a flip yet I don't know why someone would sell for half market price on eBay.

Edited by ygogolak

Static has a HUGE following. More than just a cult phenomenon. This is because the fans truly love the character. 
This is a case where collector speculation won’t interfere with the organic price climb of the book. No bubble here. 
Although us collectors appreciate the odd and rare in a popular title (last issue/newsstands/variants), the average reader/fan will ALWAYS seek the 1st appearance/first issue

That’s why issue #1 has been a $5-15 book for a couple of years now. 

I expect this to be a Spawn #1 in the next couple of years. Movie or no movie

23 hours ago, williamblood said:

with hbo max coming i could see a static show being made. 

Me too

Seeing something coming someday is not enough to pay a 200 or 300% premium over guide.

In that case any dreck can sell for a premium based on a “maybe”

Edited by Shoomanfoo

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Right, and a recent high grades have been selling for $30-40. So that was the reason for my question. People are saying they would pay $15-20. I would as well. Double your money seems a given on a flip yet I don't know why someone would sell for half market price on eBay.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Guide is eBay. People are paying $30-40. Or are you saying Overstreet? If so, can I see what  you're selling? I would surely be a buyer on some.

I don’t sell comics. I buy and I collect. 

I certainly would not buy this book for 40.00

Guide is not eBay.

ebay is hype price 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Cool, feel free to join us here in the 20th century or later.

Yea I’m still getting used to comic pricing and high premiums for no good reason.

Im old fashion in my buying habits but that has served me well by making good sound buys that make sense.

I do not mind for example...

Black Knight was cast by John Snow.

This is solid information on a character so I payed a premium for this book because I’m a fan.

200-300% sure.

For a Static book? No thank you.

1 minute ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Yea I’m still getting used to comic pricing and high premiums for no good reason.

Im old fashion in my buying habits but that has served me well by making good sound buys that make sense.

I do not mind for example...

Black Knight was cast by John Snow.

This is solid information on a character so I payed a premium for this book because I’m a fan.

200-300% sure.

For a Static book? No thank you.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying the market does not react to your specific wishes. You can choose to watch the market and react at the right time, if you wish.