• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Static #1 platinum edition
2 2

73 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying the market does not react to your specific wishes. You can choose to watch the market and react at the right time, if you wish.

It doesn’t have to. The market makes no sense and there people making bad buys all the time.

Thats ok the risk is what keeps this whole hobby going. 

I want it to thrive...just won’t be me making those “fad” buys.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:37 PM, Shoomanfoo said:

It doesn’t have to. The market makes no sense and there people making bad buys all the time.

Thats ok the risk is what keeps this whole hobby going. 

I want it to thrive...just won’t be me making those “fad” buys.

If you look at the market the last two years, I have no argument to make. If something seems really dumb or is from an unreliable source, search those out to sell ASAP.

A book like static however has no media news, new series, etc... So prices people are paying are based off nostalgia, like of the character or actual speculation.

So I finally decided to check real fast (as I should have from the very beginning).

I redact my comments as I see this has not nor is it selling for 60+ dollars.

The prices I see seem fair. Less than 25.00 bin and less than 200 9.8 graded.

Very fair prices for this book.

So....if the question of this thread is “should I buy Static 1 Platinum for 60+ raw.

NO because that would not be a sound buy.

At 15.00 I’m a player.

915D2967-8B6A-4B77-8F06-7170224EDA7D.png

Edited by Shoomanfoo

On 11/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, Shoomanfoo said:

So I finally decided to check real fast (as I should have from the very beginning).

I redact my comments as I see this has not nor is it selling for 60+ dollars.

The prices I see seem fair. Less than 25.00 bin and less than 200 9.8 graded.

Very fair prices for this book.

So....if the question of this thread is “should I buy Static 1 Platinum for 60+ raw.

NO because that would not be a sound buy.

At 15.00 I’m a player.

That $25 sale isn't high grade for a Modern or Copper. (:gossip: and it sold for $18, not $25).

Stick with us. You will learn to internet soon enough.

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That $25 sale isn't high grade for a Modern or Copper. (:gossip: and it sold for $18, not $25).

Stick with us. You will learn to internet soon enough.

Bro there nothing to see. That graded copy sold for under 199.00 in an 9.8 

Tell you what..go buy all the “high grade” copies you find and pay 60.00 for them.

come back in a few years and tell us how that worked out for you.

I understand that you guys that have copies of this stashed away hopping it will heat up and unload for 60 a pop but not happening.

Again 25.00 is what this book is worth at most. 

Edited by Shoomanfoo

13 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Bro there nothing to see. That graded copy sold for under 199.00 in an 9.8 

Tell you what..go buy all the “high grade” copies you find and pay 60.00 for them.

come back in a few years and tell us how that worked out for you.

I understand that you guys that have copies of this stashed away hopping it will heat up and unload for 60 a pop but not happening.

Again 25.00 is what this book is worth at most. 

$60 for a 9.8 chip shot raw, sell for $200? Yes, I'll do that all day thank you.

13 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

Nobody has even bought one since this thread..yawn,

Boring character

Even talk on CGC can’t creat interest.

Yup, THERE IS NO CURRENT TV/MOVIE HYPE.

This is not hard to understand.

I gage the platinum version at $25-30 right now. Sold listings for static 1 REGULAR covers show us there is still a lot of demand for this character, as I wrote before, most likely from the reader, NOT collector. Prices and movement for the platinum cover have simmered down significantly. Again, confirms the notion that collectors, not readers - as well as spec’ers, have looked for another toy to play with. 
But the interest for the character exists. 
If a copy of Static #1 still sells for up to $20, that means that no reader cares for the platinum at $60. But that will change once the hype machine sets back into motion. 
Perfect time to send in those best offers and send to get graded. 
This one DEFINITELY will go places 

22 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm going to guess no. None of the Platinum editions I have of Milestone books are in polybags, except for Worlds Collide.

I see, and I thought of much but yeah I forgot about Worlds Collide (VERY VERY underrated) lol

On 8/30/2020 at 7:03 AM, williamblood said:

new comic series and movie announced during fandome, print run was as follows 125k for direct edition, 38k newsstands, platinum print run unknown but rarest

8 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

:popcorn:

4 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

You can criticize, but I saw somewhere that these were shipped in casepacks of 125K, and the Diamond order form shows the count per casepack as 1, so we know it's true

That's exactly why it baffles me that there has been such an increase in #1's - irrespective of whether it was direct, newsstands or platinum) - and not for the low-print running later issues ~