• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever wanted to own an authentic arcade machine but couldn't afford it?
3 3

40 posts in this topic

I'm not affiliated with this company at all, and have never purchased any of their products, but I'm seriously eyeing the Dragon's Lair cabinet they just posted on Kickstarter (in one day they've already reached double their goal).  Each game is fully licensed and they go into meticulous detail on recreating 1/6th scale arcade cabinets (including using the original arcade ROM's so the game play will be authentic to the full size versions).  They even have the illuminated marquees on top and the coin slots light up in red.

The first cabinet they made was Centipede (which is now sold out on their website.....but I think Best Buy was selling them as well).

Tempest and Street Fighter II are still available on their website.  

Looks like Asteroids is coming after Dragon's Lair and then 1942 (I believe Missile Command is also in the works).  It looks like they are trying to release a few new ones each year (they say they take their time on each release to try to get the details on them as close the the originals as possible).  The cabinets are made out of wood and the coin doors are metal (they use some plastic and rubber as well).

Just thought they were cool products and might look nice displayed with comics in a man cave as well (they run on a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery, but if you leave them plugged in, they all have an "attract mode" that will play on it when not in use just like the original machines.......I believe only Dragon's Lair and Street Fighter II have sound with their "attract mode" so far).

Link to website for Replicade Amusements (by New Wave Toys)

Link to their Dragon's Lair Kickstarter campaign

Here's a picture of Samwise playing their Dragon's Lair prototype instead of protecting the ring. (tsk)

c17ad70dda412c2d234d312117f8a2b5_origina

Here are pictures of their current 1/6th scale cabinets (the Dragon's Lair is a prototype......the digital scores on it will be in red on the final product just like the original version).

da0d30592f0c6cb3874d21facaf9e524_origina

Tempest_34_Hero__massPro.jpg?v=155378414

Front_34_Hero_brick.jpg?v=1536198394

Street_Fighter_Hero_retouched.jpg?v=1571

Edited by Domo Arigato

3 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

How do these compare to the Arcade1up machines?  

No idea.  But just from a quick look (less expensive, smaller, more attention to detail, easier to find room for them and display them, etc).

Why would they make Street Fighter 2 only one player?  :insane:

They didn't.  See the picture in my original post and go to their website that I linked. :makepoint:

6 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Oh.  Thought these were similar to the Arcade1up machines.  These are super small.  

Yeah.....they are 1/6th scale.  Each one is only about a foot tall. 

They're meant to be played on a desk or table and displayed there or on a shelf, etc.

I’m currently playing the Pandora System that plugs into your TV. It’s fun to play Galaga, 1942, Track&Field, etc.

I wish it had a few more of my favourites though such as Zaxxon, Satan’s Hollow...

5 minutes ago, piper said:

I’m currently playing the Pandora System that plugs into your TV. It’s fun to play Galaga, 1942, Track&Field, etc.

I wish it had a few more of my favourites though such as Zaxxon, Satan’s Hollow...

I remember Track & Field. lol

There were so many awesome games back then.......Zaxxon, Sinistar, Jungle Hunt, Tron, Crazy Climber, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Joust, Defender, Punch Out, Burger Time, Popeye, Wizard of Wor.....and the list goes on and on.

MAME does have its purpose if you just want to play a lot of these old games.

However, I do like the collectability and display factor that these cabinets offer.

These are cool ... had not seen them. Could definitely fit a bunch of these on the shelf compared to the 1up offering. I have been eyeing the Rampage from 1up (with the riser) for the comic room but the price point is just a little too high for me to pull the trigger as of yet.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:21 PM, 707comics said:

These are cool ... had not seen them. Could definitely fit a bunch of these on the shelf compared to the 1up offering. I have been eyeing the Rampage from 1up (with the riser) for the comic room but the price point is just a little too high for me to pull the trigger as of yet.

Yeah.....I posted this same thread in the Water Cooler and we've talked about those 1up machines there as well.  They do look nice (and are obviously more money), but I would definitely get the riser if I did ever decide I wanted something that big.  I just like the small form factor of these Replicade machines and the way you can display them on a shelf as nearly exact replicas of the full size cabinets.  Here's a couple of pictures showing them being displayed.  The miniature change machine in the first picture is actually a USB charger for the games that they sold previously (I don't know if it's still available though).  That picture also shows some of their upcoming games......Asteroids, 1942, and Missile Command.

Replicade.thumb.jpg.50196991ca79413d9f8a776f07c63f9a.jpg

Replicade2.thumb.jpg.35d48a6eaa8d712472446e39d6bed0ea.jpg

On 10/30/2019 at 7:47 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah.....they are 1/6th scale.  Each one is only about a foot tall. 

They're meant to be played on a desk or table and displayed there or on a shelf, etc.

Do you remember the actual era ones they had?I think they had Rampage waay back when too.

ddbff66df7ee1951649e383274a6a2f0--vintag86dba9130a1cbb194bb0b57d5c253f73--arcade 

I'd LOVE to find one or two of those above.Still play regularly my Atari 2600(just upgraded my Spider-Man game ),NES,superNES and Genesis.Even have an original Playstation in the crypt.

32 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Do you remember the actual era ones they had?I think they had Rampage waay back when too.

Absolutely.  I never actually owned one of those, but do remember playing them at a friends house.  A company called Arcade Classics actually makes sort of updated versions of these with updated graphics as well.  Wal-Mart sells them for about $15 to $20 each and you can see some of them on their website here.

They have Frogger, Rampage, Qbert, Joust, Centipede, Ms Pac-Man, etc.

Frogger.jpg.75b14dca000fe6efee8a131aee2f7a6b.jpg

MsPacMan.jpg.15ca07217c5dc544aed91f2b7ef43019.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

I just set up my TMNT/Turtles in Time cabinet from Arcade1up last night.  It's pretty awesome!

If they ever did one of these mini machines with a TMNT game, I'd definitely get one.

9 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah.....I posted this same thread in the Water Cooler and we've talked about those 1up machines there as well.  They do look nice (and are obviously more money), but I would definitely get the riser if I did ever decide I wanted something that big.  I just like the small form factor of these Replicade machines and the way you can display them on a shelf as nearly exact replicas of the full size cabinets.  Here's a couple of pictures showing them being displayed.  The miniature change machine in the first picture is actually a USB charger for the games that they sold previously (I don't know if it's still available though).  That picture also shows some of their upcoming games......Asteroids, 1942, and Missile Command.

Replicade.thumb.jpg.50196991ca79413d9f8a776f07c63f9a.jpg

Replicade2.thumb.jpg.35d48a6eaa8d712472446e39d6bed0ea.jpg

I love the Chewbacca playing SF CE. 1/6 scale makes it perfect for fun stuff like that.

The change machine that is a USB charger ..... freaking genius!

4 hours ago, 707comics said:

I love the Chewbacca playing SF CE. 1/6 scale makes it perfect for fun stuff like that.

The change machine that is a USB charger ..... freaking genius!

Yeah, I couldn't remember what the deal was with the USB charger, so I had to go check it out.  Looks like they did a Kickstarter campaign for it here, so they will probably be selling them on their website eventually.  Looks like it will be able to charge 6 of their games (or any other USB device) at once.  On that same Kickstarter campaign, they also have a portable power bank shaped like a vintage personal cassette player.

20 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Absolutely.  I never actually owned one of those, but do remember playing them at a friends house.  A company called Arcade Classics actually makes sort of updated versions of these with updated graphics as well.  Wal-Mart sells them for about $15 to $20 each and you can see some of them on their website here.

They have Frogger, Rampage, Qbert, Joust, Centipede, Ms Pac-Man, etc.

I'm going to Walmart tomorrow,and guess what I'm hoping to find!?!

I love the  joystick boxes that have multi games that plug into the back of the television but the ones I found didn't have Q-bert or Rampage! :banana:We never had any of the originals either,so I will live the dream now!