• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh no, I got a magazine size slab!
2 2

19 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I got the same unpleasant shock when this one arrived. I walked it into a Wizard show where CGC was set up, and they said this book is too big for a normal slab, sorry

D125509B-1BEC-452B-BE57-F921C2CEF8B8.jpeg

Lots of St John's were oversized the reason for more plastic lol

DSCF1563.thumb.JPG.d274026a57c90c756cc6be1e7bd4fe92.JPG

If they could figure out a way to center the book in the slab it wouldn't be as bad imo but they seemingly never can because they always have to use the wedge. Makes it look off which is the reason I too don't like the magazine slabs. That and they are hard to store obviously. 

On 11/1/2019 at 8:57 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

If they could figure out a way to center the book in the slab it wouldn't be as bad imo but they seemingly never can because they always have to use the wedge. Makes it look off which is the reason I too don't like the magazine slabs. That and they are hard to store obviously. 

I'm a bit perplexed actually.  Other Police Comics #3 reside in regular holders.  And its not mine has any serious spine roll - perhaps a press would get it to fit?doh!

Keep posting your Comics in Magazine Slabs. 

Edited by path4play

clearly CGC needs a slab between their standard size and magazine size.

I received a book back that appears squeezed into a normal size slab and I find myself wishing it was in a magazine slab (if those are my only choices) as this book is so tight in the slab it is buckling. See the top...

20191015_160223.jpg

20191015_160351.jpg

53 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I received a book back that appears squeezed into a normal size slab and I find myself wishing it was in a magazine slab (if those are my only choices) as this book is so tight in the slab it is buckling. See the top...

20191015_160223.jpg

20191015_160351.jpg

The quality control suffers on occasions but i love the book ^^

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

20191015_160223.jpg

20191015_160351.jpg

Ooof.   I hate magazine slabs like most, but I would hate this more.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

20191015_160223.jpg

20191015_160351.jpg

You should contact them.  I think they’d probably reholder it for you.