• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favorite superhero and why do you like them?
3 3

83 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

They sure didn't write the --script like that though

It's almost like they tried to make us emphasize with him.

Downtrodden, adopted, broken family dynamics

ok well I havent saw it.

For Marvel, Luke Cage.  As a kid I liked him, bought a few books because he looked so cool. Read the stories and you could just relate, just a minor hero, not any incredible power but that made him something I could relate too.  He got stuck with a lot of bland issues early on and some dopey stuff, but in all was this cool man from the street goin to work like everybody else, the "Hero for Hire" lol    Of course in the end, like Rockford, he usually didn't get paid, stayed poor and had next to nothin and a dumpy office above a movie theater (as I recall).  When Iron Fist joined him it was a good fit, they worked well together, Danny was rich of course but had a big heart like Luke.

For DC, Captain Comet (70s version on). Tough, but not too tough where he got boring like supes. DC did not develop characters as much then as Marvel was, but comet was interesting, and with his Psi powers he was unique I thought.

3 minutes ago, Warren Oates said:

For Marvel, Luke Cage.  As a kid I liked him, bought a few books because he looked so cool. Read the stories and you could just relate, just a minor hero, not any incredible power but that made him something I could relate too.  He got stuck with a lot of bland issues early on and some dopey stuff, but in all was this cool man from the street goin to work like everybody else, the "Hero for Hire" lol    Of course in the end, like Rockford, he usually didn't get paid, stayed poor and had next to nothin and a dumpy office above a movie theater (as I recall).  When Iron Fist joined him it was a good fit, they worked well together, Danny was rich of course but had a big heart like Luke.

For DC, Captain Comet (70s version on). Tough, but not too tough where he got boring like supes. DC did not develop characters as much then as Marvel was, but comet was interesting, and with his Psi powers he was unique I thought.

Love Cap Comet!!  Wish I could afford more of em.

I am going to go with Batman

1.  He really had no superpower, just a lot of hard work and dedication.

2.  Had a tragic origin with the loss of his parents

3.  Created cool tools to use in his quest to stop bad guys including his awesome Batmobile.

4.  Got to bang Talia

12 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

The Thing.

His role in the FF has him doing all the heavy lifting, metaphorically. He takes the lumps, and is always ready to sacrifice for the family.

Plus, he’s hilarious.

Plus he's misunderstood, feared by society for his appearance, and seemingly gruff, but is sensitive, and has a heart of gold. He's his aunts favorite nephew 

Edited by PetuniaGrimm

20 hours ago, kav said:

Mine is Green Lantern.  He has the ability to make his thoughts real.  He was picked as the best example of his kind.  He is a galactic policeman, whose job it is to protect others.  He's a bit naive but good hearted.

The main reason for this thread is the why you like them-post several things if you would.  Don't just say "he's amazing" or something @THE_BEYONDER.

I'm seeking at least 4 reasons per superhero @Ken Aldred.

Quicksilver. I’m not sure why.