• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC help *UPDATE*
1 1

23 posts in this topic

So, years back, I had bought a Runaways #1 (2003) raw pretty cheap, had it graded, and it came back an 8.0. I always thought that was too low, and decided it had some interior flaw that I could not now see as it is encapsulated. I figured I'd wait a while, see if the series went anywhere, and sell it as-is, probably for a loss. Today, I was looking at my 3 remaining CGC books, Runaways #1 being one of them, and noticed that the info is wrong on the label, it's as if CGC got the label mixed up with a 2015 version of #1. So now I am sure the grade isn't right, either.

What I am wondering is, should I crack it out and re-sub it, or will CGC re-do this for me since it was their mistake? It has been so long since I had it graded that I am afraid to even bring this up without some sound advice, and this is where I turn to you, CGC forum.

What should I do? Is this even worth my time?

Help me, good CGC forum, you're my only hope!

-slym

Edited by slym2none

That's definitely a quagmire I'd take up with cgc on the phone directly. Obviously you are in the computer system as a submitting member? Pretty sure someone can address that, if nothing else you've started a trail here for evidence of the current state of the book. Document every step in returning it for regrading ECT . 

DONT CRACK THE BOOK OUT !!!

Edited by KryptoSpidey

11 minutes ago, KryptoSpidey said:

That's definitely a quagmire I'd take up with cgc on the phone directly. Obviously you are in the computer system as a submitting member? Pretty sure someone can address that, if nothing else you've started a trail here for evidence of the current state of the book. Document every step in returning it for regrading ECT . 

DONT CRACK THE BOOK OUT !!!

Thank you.

-slym

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

They are actually very easy to work with and in times that they have made a mistake, do in fact take care of you. 

My thing is, I don't know where to start. I am out of the loop. Hence, me starting this thread.

(shrug)

-slym

They should be willing to do this entire re-holder for free, since it's a QC error on the label.  So like the others I would suggest calling and I'm absolutely certain they'll help you fix the book and label.  It could still pull an 8.0 but at the very least the label would be updated (but you could request a regrade since it's possible the entire label is wrong - grade as well).  Good luck!

Just sent off a note via the link @707comics gave me, CGC already responded, and this is now on its way to being resolved. Thanks for the help, everyone, and I will keep y'all that are interested updated here in this thread.

For those that aren't interested, why are you reading this?

(: 

-slym

3 minutes ago, slym2none said:

Hmm. Got an email today regarding "a Shipment Summary for your recently completed submission(s)."

:D

-slym

^^

Fyi, I got one today too, shipping ups back to me is a whopping January 3rd for arrival lol

On 10/30/2019 at 8:37 PM, slym2none said:

So, years back, I had bought a Runaways #1 (2003) raw pretty cheap, had it graded, and it came back an 8.0. I always thought that was too low, and decided it had some interior flaw that I could not now see as it is encapsulated. I figured I'd wait a while, see if the series went anywhere, and sell it as-is, probably for a loss. Today, I was looking at my 3 remaining CGC books, Runaways #1 being one of them, and noticed that the info is wrong on the label, it's as if CGC got the label mixed up with a 2015 version of #1. So now I am sure the grade isn't right, either.

What I am wondering is, should I crack it out and re-sub it, or will CGC re-do this for me since it was their mistake? It has been so long since I had it graded that I am afraid to even bring this up without some sound advice, and this is where I turn to you, CGC forum.

What should I do? Is this even worth my time?

Help me, good CGC forum, you're my only hope!

-slym

Hopefully you get that straightened out.