• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Profiles in History Dec 2019
2 2

364 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

At least with Emin, you know what all is on that nasty bed. You don't wanna know what Mike might have put in that sock after the show.

(Hint: not his foot)

WTF happened to this thread? I give up.:facepalm:

Before I go Theresa Caputo the Long Island Medium. Any thoughts?

Let me see, I'm seeing a vision, who out there is surrounded by comic art? maybe you lost a loved one to ebay? No the loss has a Link...I see-link or C-Link. no I see a BP? BP where's BP your number is 20, I see %....20% BP. HA I see HA HA your laughing, it's your Heritage. I see a five.......his number is within 5.......and his name starts with S.....He was left out of the five but he wants you to know he forgives you........

Image result for long island medium

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that there are so many complete stories for sale rather than pieced out, and how will that affect the bidding? I expect a lot of dealers who have the coin will bid on those, to try to part them out and turn a profit, but will collectors be willing and able to pony up the $$ to get a complete story? Will that equate to a glut or not? I don't recall seeing so many in one auction before. 

4 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it odd that there are so many complete stories for sale rather than pieced out, and how will that affect the bidding? I expect a lot of dealers who have the coin will bid on those, to try to part them out and turn a profit, but will collectors be willing and able to pony up the $$ to get a complete story? Will that equate to a glut or not? I don't recall seeing so many in one auction before. 

This was common in the nineties. It takes a bit of luck patience and skill to acquire a complete story and then break it up and sell for a profit. You start with the least desirable pages and work your way to break even. Then your key splash and action pages should be the gravy.

One of my goals is to obtain and keep a book together. However I see the other side. This upcoming auction there are so many pages coming from the desirable FF Annual 2 after all this time. Breaking them up gives collectors a chance to try and grab at least one page.

I imagine those who buy the complete stories will break them up. Some will try and sell some pages pretty quickly. Others will keep the story together as long as possible to create the illusion of the unobtainable. Then they’ll parcel out a few pages at a time in the future.

Profiles in History also have a  nice selection of complete stories coming up in December.

Will there be a glut? Maybe

From what I’m hearing there are many Excited collectors wanting to get their hands on a page from FF 2 as an example. I believe the market which includes international bidders easily will absorb all of this fine inventory. If we were relying on just a U S buyers pool maybe not. 

I just got the sale catalog and am wondering if anyone has seen the Frankenstein wraparound cover in person recently?  Because it looks very clean/white in the digital PDF catalog for the sale, but, looks like it's been hanging out in the tanning salon a bit too much in the physical catalog:

2010757607_PIHcompare.thumb.jpg.41273a2a7f543e550d5e3aa10b73038d.jpg