• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Profiles in History Dec 2019
2 2

364 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, vodou said:

Original "comic" art has a big problem. It's no secret. The problem is: all the 1%er trophies are M.I.A.

Where's Action #1 cover?

Where's Detective #28 cover?

Where's FF #1 cover?

Where's AF #15 or ASM #1 covers?

Even TOS #39, we've seen the guts but where's the cover?

Instead we debate what's a comic, what's comic art (it's not Frazetta oils...L O L!) and try to pretend this whole thing is legit.

No.

It's a phenomenal crown where all the diamonds and emeralds are missing, somebody got 'em when no one was looking and all that's left is some lesser (Chic) Stones.

Sad.

But true.

At least nobody wanted those Sal Bees..plenty of those to go around ;) , they appear to line the cage the (once glorious) crown sits in.

The Detective #28 cover is out there but I assume that you meant the Detective #27 cover...

12 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Here's one of the recommended shippers that PIH provided (screen grab of home page is below). hm 

Good to know that they will "handel" your art shipping as well as "analize" your need and pricing. :eek: 

I'm going to leave my anus out of this and use someone else I think...

Shipping.thumb.PNG.b3fc0cd4b0b11461ee55d11c9f8bac9b.PNG

Freudian slip, baby !!

7 hours ago, Twanj said:

I wasn't seriously considering bidding on anything there, but really glad I didn't now!

Ditto- all winning bidders got screwed. This auction smacks of one big low rent one and done money grab. just wait for the horror stories to come about not receiving your item while PIH fades off into the shadows.

5 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Ditto- all winning bidders got screwed. This auction smacks of one big low rent one and done money grab. just wait for the horror stories to come about not receiving your item while PIH fades off into the shadows.

I remember they handled the DocDave Frazetta auction years back, and they must've done it at least semi-right (hopefully... to still exist?).

Sorry, I meant handel.

Edited by exitmusicblue

13 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Here's one of the recommended shippers that PIH provided (screen grab of home page is below). hm 

Good to know that they will "handel" your art shipping as well as "analize" your need and pricing. :eek: 

I'm going to leave my anus out of this and use someone else I think...

Shipping.thumb.PNG.b3fc0cd4b0b11461ee55d11c9f8bac9b.PNG

But Gene, they both finalize AND finish. Can't tell you how long I've looked for one place to do both.

EDIT: You did us a disservice by not linking to their "publicity" tab: https://www.beverlypacking.com/publicity/

Edited by glendgold

2 hours ago, zhamlau said:

For what it’s worth the action 1 cover is out there too.

Is it?  Pray tell some more . . . 

You haven't been listening to Phillip Bin Laden have you (no connection to the terrorist leader, I hope)?  He has some great conspiracy theories . . .

I arranged today for my lot to be shipped by the Postal Annex. Was about $88 for FedEx Ground w/signature (insurance is covered by my own policy).  They were very easy to deal with and super quick with e-mail responses. 

Edited by delekkerste

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

Is it?  Pray tell some more . . . 

You haven't been listening to Phillip Bin Laden have you (no connection to the terrorist leader, I hope)?  He has some great conspiracy theories . . .

Yeah I know someone who dealt in comic book art from 1970-1990 who saw it inperson. Long story. No idea where it is now.