• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

In!!!

Work and family obligations make it tough to be on the boards as much as I'd like, but I always carve out the time to participate in this awesome initiative each year. So much fun and always great to see the generosity and creativity of fellow boardies!

I lucked out with some great stuff courtesy of @adamantium last year and hope everyone gets some amazing gifts this year!

Its cold out here in the snow...please let me in

I joined in Sept but made of for it by being very active with ever.... well lots of people 

I would like to request an exception to policy due to overwhelming attendance, purchasing, providing emotional support, and being a pillar of the community. I really want to send a present :)  Can I call a group vote? 

Don't let these guys go without. Snarf Snarf

Dad this is our bed (3).jpg

Edited by Arak Zantara

5 hours ago, Arak Zantara said:

I would like to request an exception to policy due to overwhelming attendance, purchasing, providing emotional support, and being a pillar of the community. I really want to send a present :)  Can I call a group vote? 

After the ribbing you took from your first post, I think you could use a little CGC style holiday cheer.

Follow the instructions from the first post in this thread and send me a PM with the requested info. and you're in.

... and Thank You for your service, to both country and family. :foryou:

Just now, HollyJollyOne said:

After the ribbing you took from your first post, I think you could use a little CGC style holiday cheer.

Follow the instructions from the first post in this thread and send me a PM with the requested info. and you're in.

... and Thank You for your service, to both country and family. :foryou:

:banana::headbang::golfclap::applause:Yahoooooo thank thank thank you !!!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeee  Crystal and I are going to start working on a Christmas bundle for someone right away ... thank you thank you:)

Doing our service....let me go copy something from and earlier conversation. because many find this hard to believe ..but truthfully without the support ,our faith, and a righteous cause we are just empty vassals

Tier 1 operators (sf,ranger,seal,etc) constantly train when not on mission. be it to liberate some hard headed missionary's in parts of Africa, they refuse to believe that those warlords don't want to hug it out with them until its too late . to stop the genocide of villages by the Bosnian, Croats, Serbs where small children and babies are head bashed against walls to conserve ammo, the sandbox and all the terrorists and radical muslums who want to kill you for the color of your skin and theological beliefs. Grenada, Panama, desert storm desert shield etc etc yada yada . they are always going somewhere, doing something and someone wants to kill them. when asked why they do it. many respond alike. "it has to be done, and as long and I am doing it. then that is one less brother, husband, son from back home being put in harms way."
We have a saying, You can last 3 weeks without food. 3 days without water. 3 minutes without air. and 3 seconds without hope. Your words and support nourish their spirits along with any food that nourishes their body. to show the power of just a few words.. I have read letters to some of the vets at the VA when I am there giving my blood . grown men will cry. I will look around at the men with missing body parts . arms, legs and yes *even a left nut *right knee* *wrists* *left hip* lol but everyone of them will sit a little taller. chests will swell with pride as they recall that they gave all to protect their family, friends and country from all enemies foreign and domestic . these mighty warriors fought on because of men and woman like you that gave them hope , they were doing the right thing and the love and support carried them past when anyone else would have given up.
So,I hope you understand that your support is just as important as their service. men in my unit don't suffer from PTSD .we did our job and came home and tonight when we lay our heads on our pillows and my ancestors and fallen brothers smile down upon me from heaven.I will rest easy ...knowing that with the support of men and woman like you / I did my duty

NOW lets go put some Christmas Comics together wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

:news:

Just a reminder that sign-up for this years Gift Exchange ends THIS FRIDAY (NOVEMBER 22nd) AT 11pm (EST)

I'm going to tag those who were a part of last years exchange but have yet to send me a PM. No pressure, I just want to reach as many board members who may be interested as possible. 

@Kramerica @Patriot6 @Red84 @sckao @Zalgardos @Fan Boy @DavidTheDavid @frozentundraguy @mccollect @godquest @fmaz @ThothAmon @143ksk @RCheli

@eeb03 @JazzMan @Not A Clone @toro @D-Optimist @spidermanbeyond @SpideyFein @GAFLASH @DocHoppus182 @Avi @comicsyte95 @Cocomonkey @Azkaban

@Karl Liebl @Bkd Reader @comicparadox @Mayor Mccheese @Dormian @wolverine180 @Old Fashion PB and J @CAHokie @Mac Man @Mayor006

I apologize in advance if I've omitted anyone or added someone to the list by mistake.

See the source image

Not sure if I will have time to jump in for Christmas holiday gift exchange this year, as I have two jobs working throughout Christmas season currently. But let’s see how it goes.