• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

All PMs have been sent.... all 80 of them... eight, zero... 80.  :ohnoez:

If you didn't receive one or need clarification on something, let me know and I'll do my best.

If you need help shopping, contact @skypinkblu. She lives to serve the frustrated shopper. lol

Or, as a recovering shopaholic, I've had plenty of practice...Ok, so maybe not exactly "recovering;)".

Seriously, if you get stuck, pm me I enjoy helping other people spend their money;)

Edited by skypinkblu

On 11/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

I signed up last year even though it was a very different financial period at the end of a very difficult personal year. I didn't have resources to buy much, so I sent the one comic I had that fit the person's interests. And from the still active boardie, what did I hear back for thanks...nothing. So nah, not interested this year.

Sorry this happened to you but not surprising in the least. For the most part, saying "thank you" is something society abandoned years ago."Please," too.  Ever try to explain to a young person  oh say , under 35 that a "thank you" letter is something that's very, very important to send to somebody who picked you up from the airport, entertained you for a week, showed you around town,  and dropped you back off at the airport, bought all your meals, etc, etc. And then mailed back all the clothes you were too lazy to find on your way out the door to return home.

No, don't send a text.

No, don't send an email.

No, don't say thank you via whatever vile social media you think is important.

Write a f-ing letter, put a stamp on it and put it in the mailbox.

You tell them this and a vacuous look falls over their face. They can't even roll their eyes at you because they can't begin to conceive of saying "thank you."

Edited by NoMan

Just now, NoMan said:

Sorry this happened to you but not surprising in the least. For the most part, saying "thank you" is something society abandoned years ago."Please," too.  Ever try to explain to a young person, oh say , under 35 that a "thank you" letter is something that's very, very important to send to somebody who picked you up from the airport, entertained you for a week, showed you around town,  and dropped you back off at the airport, bought all your meals, etc, etc. And then mailed back all the clothes you were too lazy to find on your way out the door to return home.

No, don't send a text.

No, don't send an email.

You tell them this and a vacuous look falls over their face. They can't even roll their eyes at you because they can't begin to conceive of saying "thank you."

You can join me in my embarrassment by reading the subsequent posts. :sorry: 

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Sorry this happened to you but not surprising in the least. For the most part, saying "thank you" is something society abandoned years ago."Please," too.  Ever try to explain to a young person  oh say , under 35 that a "thank you" letter is something that's very, very important to send to somebody who picked you up from the airport, entertained you for a week, showed you around town,  and dropped you back off at the airport, bought all your meals, etc, etc. And then mailed back all the clothes you were too lazy to find on your way out the door to return home.

No, don't send a text.

No, don't send an email.

You should blame their parents. 

10 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

You can join me in my embarrassment by reading the subsequent posts. :sorry: 

Well I'm sorry then, but the point remains with the young folk. God, I had a 25 year old stay a week with the wife and I and she was f-ing useless. And "depression" always seems to be the go-to. "She's depressed" so the rules don't apply to her. No need to do her dishes, pick up the spare room, etc. Isn't getting a job good for depression, you quickly realize you aren't important and you get a thick skin.

Sorry to hijack a christmas thread but damn is that a pet peeve of mine. And adults seems all cool with it, "Kid's don't do that now, bro. It's a Facebook and social media". That social media Sh*t is vile. 

Edited by NoMan

8 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

You should blame their parents. 

Her mom is in jail for murder. So I feel for this kid a bit. What would you like me to say to mom who's incarcerated for 20 or 40 years? Please don't forget I'm married. 

But it seems most all kids are like this, mother a murderer or not.

But, hey, I'm hijacking a christmas thread in a bad way. time to stop.

Edited by NoMan

7 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

If a gift is found listed on ebay there should be public shaming.....yes?

I don't think it's been that way before? Its theirs once given has been the prevailing opinion before.....

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Her mom is in jail for murder. So I feel for this kid a bit. What would you like me to say to mom who's incarcerated for 20 or 40 years? Please don't forget I'm married. 

But it seems most all kids are like this, mother a murderer or not.

But, hey, I'm hijacking a christmas thread in a bad way. time to stop.

Hijacking threads is strictly forbidden. Now where is my secret santa recipient's address so I can mail those dollar store steaks I just bought?