• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, HollyJollyOne said:

I included you Raphe.

I tagged you in a reminder on page 3 and two posts later you commented, "Sure! I'm in!", but you never sent the PM with your info.

Here's a holiday tune to cheer you up

Oh, it's completely my fault (I meant to PM, and forgot). But thanks for the video. It did cheer me up.

The recipient of my gift should receive it tomorrow, I think.

For the Record: I choose the wrong greeting cards intentionally. So, if I'm your gift-giver, and you receive a "Happy Birthday Mom" or "Congrats on Getting Your Driver License!" card... It's on purpose because I find it f^&*ing hilarious. lol

I also try to find gifts of common interest. It gets me into the mindset of, "how happy would I be to receive these gifts?"

On 12/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 12/11/2019 at 3:05 PM, Blastaar said:

I notified my recipient of expected arrival date because of potential porch pirates. Not sure if that goes against rules but might not be a bad idea. 

Last year I gave HollyJollyOne the tracking # to give to the recipient to not spoil the surprise :) 

Porch Pirate's actions are now a felony in Texas :banana: but it doesn't hurt to let people know something is coming, just try not to spoil the surprise....

I'm always happy to pass along a message for anyone. (thumbsu I promise to keep it vague enough to conceal the Santa's identity.

.... and Porch Pirate is an awesome board name.

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

For the Record: I choose the wrong greeting cards intentionally. So, if I'm your gift-giver, and you receive a "Happy Birthday Mom" or "Congrats on Getting Your Driver License!" card... It's on purpose because I find it f^&*ing hilarious. lol

That's awesome. :roflmao:

On 12/11/2019 at 11:08 PM, Wolverinex said:

Nice, sounds like most people have gotten their packages

It's still plenty early, no worries! I haven't gotten mine yet either, but I'd say next week is when most will be arriving.

Just a reminder to all... aside from the importance of giving thanks when opening, it's hugely appreciated if you post a photo or a note here when you receive your gift safe and sound.. it lets your SS know it arrived!

(For those who don't obsess over tracking, like the person who is typing these words right now... LOL)

On 12/13/2019 at 7:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The recipient of my gift should receive it tomorrow, I think.

I also try to find gifts of common interest. It gets me into the mindset of, "how happy would I be to receive these gifts?"

My father in law managed a shoe store, they would decorate the window with greeting cards and he'd grab one when needed. My mother in law got more than one Happy Birthday to my Aunt or Uncle;) or Happy Halloween instead of Valentine's Day.

So I accidentally followed the tradition when I forgot to put a card in my package and mailed one of the ones on my husband's desk. I didn't realize until he mentioned something the next day, that I was wishing Happy Holidays and "thank you for your business";) 

Secret Santa package has arrived! Thank you so much! This is the first thing going under the tree; it’s got the rest of the house talking.

I’m super excited for next week; between Star Wars IX, our family Christmas party, & Christmas itself, it’s going to be a good time and then some. 

I’ll try to restrain myself & place the gifts under the tree, waiting until the 25th. However, there is bubble wrap involved, so my cat may not be nearly as patient. He loves attacking bubble wrap. 

Thank you again & from our family to yours, Merry Christmas!

04ED46F2-416C-4747-BA62-4718892B18FA.jpeg