• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Greengiant said:

Sent my package yesterday. This is the first year I participated in this and appreciate the tips (i.e. write on the box the packages are wrapped, add a card, etc.) Can't wait to receive my package and for my secret to receive theirs and open it. What a fun event.

That's a good idea.

I'll always wrap mine, but just in case, that'd be good reassurance.

My package to my SS has arrived, at least per tracking, within the past few days... no confirmation here in the thread as of yet, but maybe he/she isn't the type who does that.  Nothing yet to put under my tree, but still a week to go so no worries! Nothing showing up on the radar of USPS informed delivery or UPS tracking either (no unexpected packages, I mean) but this time of year I find both of those services to be VERY shaky!

Edited by fmaz

9 hours ago, fmaz said:

My package to my SS has arrived, at least per tracking, within the past few days... no confirmation here in the thread as of yet, but maybe he/she isn't the type who does that.  Nothing yet to put under my tree, but still a week to go so no worries! Nothing showing up on the radar of USPS informed delivery or UPS tracking either (no unexpected packages, I mean) but this time of year I find both of those services to be VERY shaky!

@fmaz made me think of something:

last year  one of the board members never received their  gift from their Secret Santa & it was well past Christmas when he posted this.

I think we should have some kind of back up plan if that happens again. Maybe they can post in the reveal thread they never got their package 

I would be happy to have a back up present ready in case someone does not receive their gift.

@HollyJollyOne What do you think?

28 minutes ago, comics4all said:

@fmaz made me think of something:

last year  one of the board members never received their  gift from their Secret Santa & it was well past Christmas when he posted this.

I think we should have some kind of back up plan if that happens again. Maybe they can post in the reveal thread they never got their package 

I would be happy to have a back up present ready in case someone does not receive their gift.

@HollyJollyOne What do you think?

It has happened in the past and we have a list of people who, via the Gift Exchange Sign-Up Form on page 1, have indicated that they are willing to be a back-up Santa.

I would hope that if someone is stiffed by their Secret Santa that they would either post about it or contact me directly and let me start investigating and assigning a back-up.
I have no problem at all publicly calling out a dead-beat Santa and it should be known that not following through on your Gift Exchange is grounds for probation nomination.

That said, I would never assign a back-up until after the 25th of December unless I was specifically told by the Secret Santa that they could not/would not follow through.
As it says in the opening post, "Everyone who signs up will get a gift... sooner or later."

In fmaz's case, it's on its way.

I also want to post another reminder about the Holiday Raffle.
Cut-off time for donations is 12/23 at noon and the only way to get your name into the raffle is to donate something.

As of now, donations are down over 50% from where they were last year.

Click the link below, check it out, and join the fun.

4 minutes ago, HollyJollyOne said:

It has happened in the past and we have a list of people who, via the Gift Exchange Sign-Up Form on page 1, have indicated that they are willing to be a back-up Santa.

I would hope that if someone is stiffed by their Secret Santa that they would either post about it or contact me directly and let me start investigating and assigning a back-up.
I have no problem at all publicly calling out a dead-beat Santa and it should be known that not following through on your Gift Exchange is grounds for probation nomination.

That said, I would never assign a back-up until after the 25th of December unless I was specifically told by the Secret Santa that they could not/would not follow through.
As it says in the opening post, "Everyone who signs up will get a gift... sooner or later."

In fmaz's case, it's on its way.

@HollyJollyOne I knew you had it under control! lol

I really  posted this more for the board members, like the one last year, who were not willing to speak up about it.

If I recall correctly,  it was towards the middle/end of  January when he posted.

6 minutes ago, comics4all said:

I really  posted this more for the board members, like the one last year, who were not willing to speak up about it.

If I recall correctly,  it was towards the middle/end of  January when he posted.

It's hard sometimes for people to feel like they're whining about a gift, but it's really important for the community and towards personal mental health, to let me know, even if it's just a quick PM.

I was never worried about my gift making it here on time... in fact my post was to indicate just how NOT worried I was... and similarly how not worried others should be if yours hasn’t shown up.  Still plenty of time.

That being said? Thanks for letting me know it’s on its way!  I’ll be sure to post a pic once I put it under the tree!

(and yeah...everybody sign up for the raffle... FOMO was invented by someone who missed the CGC boards holiday raffle!!!)

9 hours ago, HollyJollyOne said:

I also want to post another reminder about the Holiday Raffle.
Cut-off time for donations is 12/23 at noon and the only way to get your name into the raffle is to donate something.

As of now, donations are down over 50% from where they were last year.

Click the link below, check it out, and join the fun.

That picture looks strangely familiar... lol