• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

received not one but 2 amazing secret santa gifts during the last week  (was out of town and more or less without internet connection ) :cloud9:

Thank you my secret santa. Really looking forward to opening it with the kids tomorrow :foryou: 

I hope my own package will arrive in time, it was placed in santas sleigh 13 days ago

TO ANY that still haven't received packages....

I sent a package (not this secret santa thing though) last Tuesday, by Priority Mail, it still hasn't arrived at the recipients place........ and tomorrow will be Tuesday, so a full week....

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I sent a package (not this secret santa thing though) last Tuesday, by Priority Mail, it still hasn't arrived at the recipients place........ and tomorrow will be Tuesday, so a full week....

Thats crazy. I sent a priority large package on Thursday from CA to the middle of nowhere VA that was supposed to arrive today. It got there two days early on Saturday at noon.

Hopefully yours is not in a bin somewhere :(

1 hour ago, CAHokie said:
3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thats crazy. I sent a priority large package on Thursday from CA to the middle of nowhere VA that was supposed to arrive today. It got there two days early on Saturday at noon.

Hopefully yours is not in a bin somewhere :(

Is going from Dallas, TX to Maryland, I can only hope that I packed well enough! Prayers!

I went to the local USPS and asked, they couldn't think of any "reason", so lol I helped them out by saying, "Snow? Rain?", they just said maybe, that "priority mail" isn't a guaranteed delivery date so :wishluck: 

On 12/22/2019 at 6:27 PM, HollyJollyOne said:

See the source image

Since I have no life, I've gone through the PMs and this thread, and would like to share a few numbers... just because you comic people like that kind of thing.

• Participants = 80
  • Number of Participants who have confirmed (either through PM or in this thread) that they have sent a gift = 60
  • Number of Participants who have confirmed (either through PM or in this thread) that they have received a gift = 37

Hopefully others, who have yet to do so, will chime in over the next couple of days.

Out of town so may have received. Will report in when home. Merry Christmas all!!

On 12/22/2019 at 1:47 PM, fmaz said:

I agree with Sha.... lot can happen in the last 2 days.

That being said, I believe we did used to have a rule that participants had to have been members for more than a year, and maybe had to have x number of posts as well to insure they were frequent contributors...?

Not that that prevented issues, either.  But if we find there's a lot of the issues end up being with those who don't frequent the boards perhaps we have to go back to it?

I also feel like (and it's sad that it comes to this) there maybe has to be a SS code of conduct that each participant has to actively agree to before signing up (by simply having read it and replying "I agree").  You know, something like:

I will:

Do my best to pick out a gift that I think my SS will enjoy
Send it to my SS so that it arrives on or before 12/24
Contact my SS and provide them with the tracking info, in the event that I believe it will not arrive in time.
Post a photo of the package I receive upon receipt and/or contact my sender to let them know it arrived safe and sound
Post a picture of my gift upon opening if possible to share with the group
Thank my sender privately upon opening my gift

This all should just be understood and common sense but... apparently not.

I agree completely with the 2 nd part of your post and we did all of them except the open and private thanks clearly, because its the 23rd and we shall do them .    And yes you are correct, manners and common sense should guarantee this part

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Frank. All the best to you and yours

Edited by Arak Zantara

18 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Still one day to go... perhaps Christmas Eve will surprise. That said, if mine or others came from outside the US, could be hung up in customs?

Note to self: Don't let my wife know I was anticipating this... that way it wouldn't be hidden under couch as a Christmas Eve surprise...