• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I got an awesome gift that includes Batman: Black & White 2 (which was illustrated by Alex Ross) and run of a Batman story I haven't heard of or read. I don't think the boardie included his username, and IIRC, his name is Mike.

Thanks, stranger!

Post some scans of the books! 

2 hours ago, romanheart said:

Thanks @shiverbones

A quality 1st appearance and a Batman Giant I haven't seen before. I hope it didn't set you back too much. I like the card as well.

This is my first chance to post the images since I came back from vacation. I wish everyone a good Holiday season. Cheers, Tony.

SYKrsWnqc4LFpmjk4chLM1x3KkjEcUuRMRCzTy15

Glad you were happy with them!

On 12/31/2019 at 1:15 PM, DeadOne said:

You're supposed to wait a year before posting this and then storm out of the gift exchange. :makepoint:  lol

I'm sure, it's just a timing thing, oak. I know you and can say without seeing it that your gift was spectacular.

image.png.d7fd25a034e35f9dc930cf0ae24e3aae.png

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, thirdgreenham said:

I got this wonderful book by Jeff Lemire, Essex County. I’m really looking forward to it!  
thank you, Secret Santa!! (worship) 

(although, you’re not supposed to be secret anymore, when the present is opened... :gossip: ) 

Happy Holidays! :whee: 

0F0AB84C-3518-4D1E-98AD-388CCB7AEBC2.jpeg

7421C799-99C5-4C05-858C-B54636523007.jpeg

D'oh ... sorry, didn't know I was to reveal.  Anyway, I'm glad you liked it.  All the best in the new year!

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, thirdgreenham said:

To follow up:

I read Essex County yesterday in just over 1 sitting. 
what an excellent read. Thanks again, Secret Santa!! :foryou: 

It really is a great piece of Canadian literature. :headbang:

Glad you enjoyed it.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, CAMPER49 said:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Just wanted to let my fellow "boardies" know that I finally opened the gift from my Secret Santa yesterday who happened to be thirdgreenham himself!!!!

My apologies for the delay...my wife had a massive heart attack on the evening of Monday December 16th, they can't figure out how she survived a 100% blockage of the "widow-maker" artery. She is now the proud owner of a "full metal jacket" in her heart and is now home resting. So it's been a whirlwind two weeks...when i get a chance I will upload photos of the comics.

Thirdgreenham sent me a pile of Bronze Age Batman comics that look like he went through Doom's time platform to purchase them new off the shelf in the 1970's then immediately return to our time...fantastic assortment of BATMANs indeed! Thank you so much for the BATMAN comics...I would have never expected such an awesome gift like this, you have far surpassed my expectations :)

Brian

That's terrible, but good to hear she is okay.  I wish you and your family good health and prosperity in 2020!!  Take care ...

On 12/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, Tbone911t said:

Out of town so may have received. Will report in when home. Merry Christmas all!!

My package arrived safe and sound! Thanks @nickwire for the great books and to @HollyJollyOne for organizing. Hope 2020 is a great year for everyone on the boards!! 

It looks like my present has been in Belgium for about a month as mentioned on the USPS website.

"Your item was processed through a facility in BELGIUM on December 11, 2019 at 12:21 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Crazy how long things can take here in Belgium!

Already a big thank you to my secret Santa. I know the packet will get here (eventually) and I will share pictures.