• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2019 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up
12 12

505 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2020 at 2:11 PM, Tim Weaver said:

I received these awesome gifts from Francisco, which included a some Hawaiian goodies.  I've never received a Mele Kalikimaka card, so that was fun, too.  I'm especially looking forward to reading the Marvel Masterworks, as I'm new to collecting GA books and have never read these stories. Sorry for the delay in posting, but the presents were shipped to my office and I've been on vacation since Christmas Day.  I finally went in today to get ready for Monday and had the pleasure of opening Francisco's package. Your wrapping job put mine to shame.  Thanks so much!!!

By the way, does anyone happen to know Francisco's board name?

Regards,

Tim Weaver

image.png.6917eae0360b6b1d9972883ea737bf4c.pngimage.png.46eab0f5655d7a184ae6471607ab5726.png

Tim:

You are welcome :headbang:  The CD is the entire run of Planet Comics 1-73  in pdf format as you mentioned are a Planet Comics collector.  Glad you enjoyed the treats and have fun reading all those great stories. 

Edited by loboagain

I got my gifts today and a big thank you to my secret Santa "Ed" @eeb03

Always loving Rogue stuff and this one was not in my collection yet. Awesome gift, thank you so much!

The comics are fun too. Always exciting to discover new thing you would normally not pick up yourself. I love that!!!....

The Ironman will go to my son as that's his favorite character… and the wine stopper, well... that goes to my wife as she likes the drink (I wonder why?)

The little bobble head was a Thor. No Thor fans here so I will gift this to an orphanage. We always gift some toys to the local orphanage in our town and I will add it to this stack and hope it finds it's way to a Thor fan there. I wanted to add this info here as I wanted you to know where the gifts will go to if not in my own collection. 

Unfortunately there is a darker side to this years gift exchange for me. I had to wait over a month to get it because of the import charges and the people dealing with that take so long. It was then charged $60 ($35 import costs and $25 tax) on it. I will also get charged on the raffle prize ($35 import cost plus the extra tax). Typical Belgium "LEGAL GOVERNMENT THEFT". So I expect to pay well over $100 to get my gifts this year. I am very thankful for the gifts, I love the gift exchange and the raffle, I love this place so much but I am not sure if I can justify this to my family any longer. We have an agreement on what we spend on gifts on each other and with this I spend more on myself (although it's the government stealing it) then on my family.

It's a sad world we live in, where you can't even get a gift anymore without being TAX'ed on it.

Belgium S*cks!

IMG_7512.thumb.jpg.6d95a78b3478baa2429005f84ded2af7.jpgIMG_7514.thumb.jpg.3e5225bf944f42be4951eb57fffec1c5.jpgIMG_7515.thumb.jpg.52551dbac314dc25524fdb4fc0d8e0bd.jpgIMG_7516.thumb.jpg.594be07a36d28dfd4e3c68c18c019eb8.jpg

I received my awesome gift box from spidermanbeyond and it was great.  Plenty of new stuff to read.  Some funny Deadpool Slurpee cups.  A new shirt to wear to cons.  This was my only comic-related gift this year and it was perfect.

4 hours ago, 999ghosts said:

I got my gifts today and a big thank you to my secret Santa "Ed" @eeb03

Always loving Rogue stuff and this one was not in my collection yet. Awesome gift, thank you so much!

The comics are fun too. Always exciting to discover new thing you would normally not pick up yourself. I love that!!!....

The Ironman will go to my son as that's his favorite character… and the wine stopper, well... that goes to my wife as she likes the drink (I wonder why?)

The little bobble head was a Thor. No Thor fans here so I will gift this to an orphanage. We always gift some toys to the local orphanage in our town and I will add it to this stack and hope it finds it's way to a Thor fan there. I wanted to add this info here as I wanted you to know where the gifts will go to if not in my own collection. 

Unfortunately there is a darker side to this years gift exchange for me. I had to wait over a month to get it because of the import charges and the people dealing with that take so long. It was then charged $60 ($35 import costs and $25 tax) on it. I will also get charged on the raffle prize ($35 import cost plus the extra tax). Typical Belgium "LEGAL GOVERNMENT THEFT". So I expect to pay well over $100 to get my gifts this year. I am very thankful for the gifts, I love the gift exchange and the raffle, I love this place so much but I am not sure if I can justify this to my family any longer. We have an agreement on what we spend on gifts on each other and with this I spend more on myself (although it's the government stealing it) then on my family.

It's a sad world we live in, where you can't even get a gift anymore without being TAX'ed on it.

Belgium S*cks!

IMG_7512.thumb.jpg.6d95a78b3478baa2429005f84ded2af7.jpgIMG_7514.thumb.jpg.3e5225bf944f42be4951eb57fffec1c5.jpgIMG_7515.thumb.jpg.52551dbac314dc25524fdb4fc0d8e0bd.jpgIMG_7516.thumb.jpg.594be07a36d28dfd4e3c68c18c019eb8.jpg

Hi Andy, Merry Christmas! I'm glad you finally received your gift and liked it! I thought I was doing good getting it out in early Dec. That sucks you have to pay import cost and tax. The shipping cost should have been enough. :frustrated: