• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Silver and Bronze age Marvel art for sale -Kirbys added
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Good morning, everybody.

...some pages coming up.  Heck Avengers, Sal Buscema Avengers, Colan Daredevil, a Ditko Speedball, maybe some Kirby and maybe a Dave Cockrum Uncanny X-Men.

stay tuned!  :smile:

Edited by Unca Ben

Avengers 17 page 7  -  Don Heck on pencils and Dick Ayers on inks.  Twice-up Silver age art from 1965, image size 18½" X 12½",  featuring the newly-formed Avengers line-up fighting a Robot.  A great 4-panel page including Captain America, Hawkeye, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.  Great, large panels of Quicksilver running and the Scarlet Witch using her powers.

Don Heck sure did know how to draw beautiful women.

Page is off-white and in great condition. There is a small amount of whiteout in panels 2, 3 and 4.   

A very nice four panel page from 1965.  I really like this page, from the first appearance of the "new" Avengers line-up.  

$3950 shipped (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees.
Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.
PayPal is great, no friends & family to circumvent fees. 

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.
Thanks for looking! :smile:

avengers17p7.thumb.jpg.b117a35973f9271af8f593fa8bd822bd.jpg

Avengers 70 page 15  -  Sal Buscema on pencils and Sam Grainger on inks.  Silver age art from 1969, image size 10" X 15",  featuring the mighty Thor and Hyperion, from the Squadron Sinister.  The page also features Hyperion's origin.

Page is off-white and in great condition. There is a small amount of whiteout in word balloons in panels 2-5 .  There is some production soiling on the page.   The page was torn along the bottom right corner, above where "Continued After Next Page" is taped on. The tear was taped on from the back using clear tape.  Please See photo and scan.
Signed "Sal Buscema" in the bottom panel.

A great action battle page from 1969, with some of Sal's best art, in my opinion.

SOLD!  USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.

avengers70p15.thumb.jpg.540db8f8b753570b39048f65f4d5aae5.jpg

avengers_70_pg_15med.thumb.jpg.3f14320a236c706dda073ab792094be0.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Daredevil 30 pg 18  -  Gene Colan on pencils and John Tartaglione on inks.  Twice-up Silver age art from 1967, image size 18½" X 12½",  featuring Daredevil in battle with Cora and Mr. Hyde.  
It's just a great 3-panel large-art action page.  Great, large panels of DD and the Cobra and Mr. Hyde.  I will be sad to see this go.

Slight tanning, with handling, otherwise in Excellent condition. There is  whiteout in all panels.  See photo.   Production and story notes in the margins - I love that stuff.  Signed "Gene Colan" in panel 2. 
A very nice three panel page from 1967.  I really like this page from a favorite story-line, where DD goes "blind". 

SOLD!  (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

dd30p18.thumb.jpg.636be232d45cf48e20865acedf24d625.jpg

Daredevil_30_pg_18med.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Gene Colan and John Tartaglione Daredevil #37 page 19, 1968. The Man Without Fear tangles with The Most Dangerous Man Alive in this page from "Don't Look Now, But It's Dr. Doom!" The art has an image area of 10" x 15".  
Overall page condition is slight tanning, with handling. 4 Holes punched in upper and lower margins. Production notes in margins.  Graphite and blue pencil can be seen under inks and in word balloons.  Whiteout in the DD figure in panels 1 and 3.  **Someone tried to remove pasted-on artwork over the limousine in panel one.  It wasn't me.  See photo and scan.**

A Great 3-panel page of DD with Dr. Doom! 

$4550 shipped (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

dd37p9.thumb.jpg.9ae90052e01112212277057f27e2863f.jpg

Daredevil_37_pg_9med.thumb.jpg.bdd320cf10debdcd9934a4eb6255f9a5.jpg

22 minutes ago, Rodey said:

I can't wait to see the Ditko Speedball!

It's coming. Not from Speedball's own book, but the story from Marvel Superheroes Spring Special.  still, a nice page with him using his powers.

Marvel Super-Heroes # 1 Spring Special 1990 Speedball story page with Steve Ditko pencils and Chris Ivy inks.    Image size 10" by 15".
Nice page with Speedball in action with pencils by the legendary Steve Ditko.
The page is toned, except for outside margins.
It looks like (possibly) red ink was used for "speedball" effects in all panels and it has faded.  See photo.
There are just a few dabs of whiteout in the lettering and word balloons.  Signed in the upper margin and in overall very good condition.

$1350 shipped (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

msh1speedballp9.thumb.jpg.213d6fd1fe135daff2f0137107947b35.jpg

The Silver Surfer graphic Novel pg 21 by Jack Kirby and Joe Sinnott.

The surfer by his legendary creator.  Is that Galactus' menacing shadow in panel 5?  Lots of cosmic kirby krackle.  :luhv:  Signed by Jack in panel 3.
The page is lightly toned.  Whiteout in panel 3 word balloon text correction, and panel 5 word balloon outline.  Lite production soiling in panel 3 and production tape residue in the top and bottom margins.

SOLD! (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees.
Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.

Buy it, make an offer via PM, or :takeit: seals the deal and trumps ongoing PM's.  Payment due within 7 days unless other arrangements have been made.

ssgnp21.thumb.jpg.98521f2e1cf2a4824194557106b41e35.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben

Thor 152 pg 12, 1968.  Pencils by Jack Kirby inks by Vince Colletta.  Image area 10"x15"  SOLD!

A great 5-panel action battle page with Thor and Ulik the Troll by the legend, Jack Kirby.
It is production hole-punched in the top and bottom margins, with a small tear through the upper left hole about ½ inch into the art. Some whiteout in panels 1,2,3 and 5 used for text correction and word balloon outline corrections. Some overall  
light handling wear and some slight stains on the upper two panels. Production notes and Kirby's story notes in the margins.
That lovely Kirby patina on the edges and back. :luhv:   Overall in Very Good condition.

A great, desirable Kirby / Thor battle page.

SOLD! shipped (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 
Outside Continental USA, contact me via PM first, as there will be additional shipping fees.
Personal check, Cashier's check or MO are welcome and preferred.

thor152p12.thumb.jpg.77a20e27bce80669cfe78e006be0efcf.jpg

Thor_152_pg_12med.thumb.jpg.fd9fe59789a523bdc2f4139b406929a7.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben
sold

Uncanny X-Men 147 pg 22 from 1981.  Dave Cockrum pencils and Joe Rubenstein inks.  image size 10" X 15",  featuring Dr. Doom battling "Rouge Storm".  A great 5-panel page including Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Dr. Doom.  Great, panels of Dr. Doom and of Storm using her powers.

Page is toned and in great condition. There is whiteout in all panels, mostly for text and word balloon corrections. There are very thin strips of tape around most of the panel borders, some of it has flaked off, leaving tape residue.  Signed by Dave Cockrum in the top margin.

A very nice five panel action page from 1981.

SOLD! (Continental US) USPS Priority w/ sig. req. CONUS.  Buyer will pay for full insurance if desired.  Art will ship sandwiched between 2 pieces of masonite. 

xmen141p22.thumb.jpg.1ebcb459ff41396c0a9085d3553bdac4.jpg

x-men_141_p22med.jpg.ff89621b96c2a0f51d1d16c53d91e95d.jpg

Edited by Unca Ben